Overwatch League - NYE vs. HAN & SEO vs. SHA - Knockouts

This tournament started in utter chaos and will end like that apparently.

1 Like

I literally never thought I’d say this but I miss tracer.
I miss rein and sombra too, but that’s much more on-brand for me though.

Do you think the meta will revert to what it was without hero bans starting next tournament?

Well the moira lucio rush will probably die, it’s much less effective without constant coalescences, other supports become much more viable picks. Plus reaper won’t need as much healing with his buff.
I would guess echos pick rate will drop substantially because tracer is back and because of the ult charge nerf.

With tanks… I don’t feel qualified to answer whether we’ll be back to a rein meta. Honestly who knows.

EDIT: A revert, no. But it will be very different from how it is now for sure.

1 Like

Almost certainly and there are some teams (like SF who cannot play Rush to save their lives) for whom this is very bad.

1 Like

Guess who feels dumb now.

The amount of reddit Lucios who are going to infect the ladder today now… its just… man I dont wanna play OW right now.

1 Like

Leejaecarried

1 Like

I hate that playstyle so much
I had a qp last night where the enemy lucio was spawncamping and kept killing our DPS (lol) as they tried to rejoin the fight. I had to deal with him on Ana.

Leejaegon tower :heart:

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, there was at least 3 separate Torbjorn picks this weekend…so expect competitive play to be a mess as well.

Umm torb is awesome he should be in every game.

Right so this is Shanghai, so we’re expecting a draw here, right?

Yeah, about that…

This series is not even close, it seems.

1 Like

RIP my Knockout Sunday pick’ems…

AFTER MAP 2 (Knockout 2)

Lijiang Tower (Control): Shanghai Dragons 2, Seoul Dynasty 0

Temple of Anubis (Assault): Shanghai Dragons 2, Seoul Dynasty 1

MATCH SCORE: Shanghai Dragons 2, Seoul Dynasty 0

NEXT UP: The second half of Dynasty vs. Dragons. Seoul will select the map, while Shanghai will select whether to attack or defend. The Shanghai Dragons are on GLOBAL JUNE JOUST POINT (or MATCH POINT, whatever floats your lily).

1 Like

That was a great watch…from the side of the Dragons.

1 Like

Rip my pickems I swear

1 Like

And the Shanghai Dragons are back in the Global Tournament!

FINAL (Knockout 2)

Lijiang Tower (Control): Shanghai Dragons 2, Seoul Dynasty 0.

Temple of Anubis (Assault): Shanghai Dragons 2, Seoul Dynasty 1.

Hollywood (Hybrid): Shanghai Dragons 2, Seoul Dynasty 0.

FINAL SCORE: Shanghai Dragons 3, Seoul Dynasty 0

SHANGHAI DRAGONS WINS!

The Shanghai Dragons become Hangzhou fan’s new champions and advance to the Global June Joust as the APAC 1 seed, while the NYXL will advance to the Global June Joust as the APAC 2 seed. Congrats to both teams!

That’s it for now. The West Region June Joust Knockouts kicks off with a Battle for Texas at high noon PDT (3pm EDT). Afterward, the Reign and Uprising do battle at approximately 1:30pm PDT (4:30pm EDT). The winners of the Reign/Uprising and the Battle for Texas will face the Gladiators and Shock in the final 2 matches of the afternoon/evening, and the winners of those matches will travel to Hawaii to take part in the Global June Joust. Will the Fuel go back to Hawaii? Will the Shock finally make it to Hawaii? Will the Outlaws be able to copy the Fuel’s momentum in the May Melee and finally get to say Aloha? Can the Glads make it to paradise? Will the Uprising trade the sights and sounds of Gillette Stadium for the tropical paradise that is Hawaii? Will the Reign finally meet the high expectations their fans set? There is only one way to find out.

We’ll see you later today. For now, I must celebrate my NYXL advancing to the June Joust while I mow my lawn…have a great rest of your morning!

UPDATE: For those of you who have access to the Chinese version of Twitch (bilibili), there is a showmatch featuring the best players from the Chinese-based teams about to kick off as part of the Hangzhou homestand. Note that this showmatch is only available via the bilibili channel, and thus is ineligible for token earning…however, for those who want to hear the Hangzhou crowd one last time (and don’t mind match chat being in Chinese), you are welcome to tune in and watch. I will not be providing updates for that show match, though.

For the rest of us, NA Knockouts commence at high noon PDT (3pm EDT), with Watchpoint kicking off 30 minutes prior. We’ll see you then!

Edit: It looks Avrl has graciously agreed to do a co-stream of the showmatch on his personal Twitch channel. Enjoy!