Overwatch League News - Regular Season Ended

I didn’t know that there were 2 Boston Uprising teams…

Fixed… now gimme some of that popcorn… I am hungry…

1 Like

How else do you explain the change from s3 -> s4?

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see our contenders only line-up in the A.

Toronto just unveiled their team name. They are the Defiant!

A couple of roster updates. First, this delightful announcement video by the Gladiators:

Roar and Decay both join LAG from KongDoo Panthera. This announcement, along with the Shanghai revamp and the previous news all of Runaway are signed somewhere, means that every player from the Contenders Korea S2 final has been picked up.

The other roster update happened just a few minutes ago. Toronto now has its first 2 players:

Neko departs Boston, whilst after a short period at Meta Bellum, Envy gets a second crack at the big leagues.

1 Like

Not surprised by the roster announcement but it is a fairly strong way to start. Neko and Envy are both players that were dark horse picks for among the best in the league at their respective roles.

I guess this also by proxy confirms the Toronto roster as the following, from leaks:

Hitscan DPS - Asher
Projectile/Flex DPS - Ivy, Stellar
Main Tank - Yakpung
Off Tank - Envy
Main Support - Aid
Flex Support - Neko

There are also rumours about Wekeed joining but I don’t know if those ones fell through in favour for one of the current leaked DPS. Also note that the roster is only 7 players, so it is not a complete list.

With how close to Blizzcon we are (and I’ll take this chance to remind everyone that Blizzcon = OWWC), it wouldn’t surprise me if all remaining roster announcement are delayed until then. It makes logical sense imo.

Wyoming, I read on ESPN the Defiant will be announcing their roster at the EGLX.

Keep an ear to the ground, I heard it will be today.

edit: EGLX is a gaming expo in Toronto with a few tournaments in different esports (alas no Overwatch show matches)

It was at 2:30, they announced two players. I suppose the rest will be revealed at/around Blizzcon.

1 Like

OH snap already?

Who?

edit: and Doohickey be ready to switc your icon to Defiant. They are going to own the league!!! I hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

We got envy and Neko!!!

Yeah definitely! The Houston one is just a placeholder :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately do not expect the new team icons until next year. The first season of free Overwatch League unlocks came with the 2018 Blizzard World patch (1.18).

One major announcement just now, but before I get to that there was one signing I missed. A few days ago, San Francisco Shock signed a new flex support, Viol2t from O2 Ardeont.

Onto the big news though:

Erster signs from Lucky Future Zenith, Pokpo and Daco both come to Atlanta from Element Mystic, and Nlaaer arrives from Last Night’s Leftovers. Gator completely skips Tier 2 Overwatch, joining from GOATS (yes, as in the meta). Taking the trip across the Atlantic are Kodak and Masaa, from 6nakes and Gigantti respectively.

The big one though, of course, is Dafran. The controversial former-Selfless DPS is back.

The “LES GO DOOOD” heard around the world.

Post showing all current rosters has now been updated:

The second pair of Toronto signings has been announced today.

Both joining from O2 Ardeont, the new DPS are Ivy and Stellar.

New signing, old name.

He was too young for season 1, but after a year at XL2, Flow3r, also known as Nanohana, has been promoted to the NYXL main roster.

1 Like

I still think you are a forum mod or dev in disguise WyomingMyst

1 Like