Overwatch League Hero pickrates per stage graphically

In fairness, in this stage, every single hero was played (REALLY played) in the first week of play. That’s never happened before.

Well it kinda is because their inherent design.

Discord, Transcendence and Defense Matrix are extremely strong and extremely flexible tools that make Zen and Dva suited to pretty much any teamcomp.

But really that’s splitting hairs. Personally I think Zen’s inherent power is fine, but Discord could probably stand to be lowered even further to maybe 15-20% (with his LMB/RMB buffed to keep it at 60 per discorded shot) and I dunno what you’d have to do to Dva to not make her amazing in virtually every situation without making her complete trash.

Maybe bring back Matrix’s dead zone? Or introduce more powerful beam heroes? idk.

If you consider dive for 3 stages variety sure…wasn’t til brig came along that things actually changed

We’re still in stage 1 this season…stage 1 last year was 5 characters over and over again…with some minor variety on number 6 (which you can argue we get now with Winston or sombra if you’ve watched any OWL this season)

Have to wait and see what happens in future stages but OWL last year was pretty repetitive as well

1 Like

I wonder why Lucio had some usage in Season 1 stage 2 at all. He was quickly dropped for the next few stages.

Because they started running Widowmaker with Mercy boost along with Brigitte to counter dive.

1 Like

I find interesting Wrecking Ball was played for 12 hours… It almost felt like only Ameng (Chengdu Hunters) and Rio (Guangzhou Charge) played it for more than 5 minutes…

Holy moly, D.Va, Zarya, Zenyatta Brigitte and Lucio have a +80% pickrate?
We need to nerf Sombra!

5 Likes

It was a bit more… not a lot… but now might be the least variable yet.

Goats will still be used in stage 2, but not as often. It’s like how in season 1, teams still ran Dive in stage 4 even though Brig was available. Some teams will adapt faster than others. (The Korean rosters are traditionally the slowest to adapt, but end up the strongest eventually.)

remember, according to the forums, zarya and rein are the sole reason for goats.

Stage 3 brought in Blizzard World and Junkertown into the Map Rotations-two maps with a LOT of high ground potential areas which Lucio lacks in.

Thus brought in post-rework Mercy to full remove him from Dive.

1 Like

this is one sad image, but i enjoyed goat for S2 , time to get to something else now :slight_smile: