Overwatch kicks, drops, DCs from the server etc. etc. etc

Hi all,

Since two months I am experiencing a lot of problems with the connection.
I’ve never left a comp match myself and I’m angry every time someone does it.
Looks like now I’m that person because of some issues with the servers that you got. It is totally random, I can play for couple hours with no issue, then suddenly it just kicks me. Once I was literally kicked into the main menu with the ability to still chat with my team members while being unable to click “Rejoin Match” button. My gf who sometimes play next to me always get it as well on a different PC. I started to monitor my network connection on the second screen and I can see that there is nothing wrong with it. Perfect ping, no loss, no overload etc.
Why I can’t go back to the match if it wasn’t me who left? I was kicked out of the game… I am losing SR allll the time. You should know how hard it is to get it back if you have a 3 year old account and getting 3SR for a win. Is there any chance somebody can look at my records and tell me if there is any way to stop it?

I play from Brisbane Australia. I should also mention that sometimes I am getting pushed on some far away servers where I have 150+ ping(unplayable). Getting into the game takes me sometimes over a minute getting stuck on “looking for/connecting to the game server” message. I do not use any VPN, Overwatch is the only game that I play with this sort of problems. Every other game is fine. I did use “repair” to scan my installation files and it didn’t find anything.

I play with i5 8400, RTX 2070 Super, 16gb of RAM and an M.2 ssd.
Please let me know what details you need from me and I’ll try to provide it.

Cheers!

Please add a WinMTR test.

Hi Nicole,

Here’s the MTR result after couple minutes in game.
I didn’t have any DCs during this time.
https://justpaste.it/1prhj

There does seem to be some lag throughout the ISP network, but it would be best if you ran/stopped it for each match until you catch the issue.

Okay I’ll do that, thanks!

You won’t be able to reply to yourself, so I’m adding this for when you have new test data to share.

this is the exact same issue im getting