"OvErWaTcH iSnT dYiNg"

Ohhh, my bad oops :sweat_smile:

Overwatch isn’t dead. But it gets hurt with every event. Skins, emotes, voice lines, highlight intros. It’s the same thing every time. Yes their next event comes out and is the only thing that brings people in. Because it’s the only new game mode this game will ever get. Nothing about overwatch is new anymore. It’s a game that’s been played. But they did a good job!

not dead but dying. New games coming out will keep eating away at the player base. OW is making its way to a back burner game.

Very bitter indeed, you’re acting like they’re trying to make people and when they’re not

Twitch doesnt mean much. Lots of great thriving games have almost no views on twitch yet they are doing fantastic. Twitch is mostly comprised of people who would rather see others play than play themselves, everyone who actually enjoys playing is playing the games.

And others are returning, XQC returned, Tatman returned, etc. It’s normal that streamers go try new games, and it’s also normal for them to play multiple games. This mentality of just playing one game is dumb and ignorant.

Que times are exactly the same as before, they haven’t changed. I’m diamond level and I get 2 or 3 minutes tops for a que, and thats like the top 15% or something of the player base, when I play on my alt accound which is on plat i get games in seconds ot less than 2 minutes.

According to who, OW is one of the most popular games in the world, and has one of the biggest eSport’s leagues in the world right now and is only getting better and bigger.

Conclusion, stop driking the forum kool aid, it’s all just lies spread by people who cannot control their anger. The forums are for people to complain, they are not a reflection of the health of a game, the game is doing great actually.

3 Likes

isn’t this your third or fourth thread on this

Everything is “Top secret”.

They did just have eight new expansion teams pay between 20 and 30 million dollars EACH for a spot in Overwatch League. Businesses don’t normally invest that kind of money in dying products. That league is huge for this game and gaming in general whether you like it or not.

1 Like

If OWL fails the only communication we will be getting from Devs will be goodbye.

Yeah… but for all the wrong reasons.

This is the problem with Blizzard.

Stay silent on what they’re doing, claim they’re working on something big

Release thing no one wanted or release thing without proper support so it dies almost immediately

Give no roadmap for the game to even give people hope to hang onto

Complain that the fans are demanding and blame the community for the fires started by your own inaction

They’re so out of touch it’d be comical if they weren’t letting a game with huge potential go to waste. But don’t worry, you can now purchase the Overwatch League Super Elite Ultra Access Pass! And if you buy in the next 12 hours, you get your very own Bad Korean Haircut so you can match your favourite players!

It can’t possibly be because Blizzard is recycling boring events and doing a terrible job with balancing right??

3 Likes

Past 2 weeks the quality of my games has plummeted not sure if people are getting fed up with it and leaving

Yeah, they’ve been utterly horrific. Had one good day in the past couple of weeks, so I dunno if to just stop. I keep ‘trying again’, because it’s not normally this way, but now it’s starting to feel like it’s the new normal.

That after queueing 3+ minutes just doesn’t feel worth it.

1 Like

I dislike the “Overwatch is dying!” post as much as the next guy, but we’re lying to ourselves if we say it’s getting any better.

There are a lot of things the vast majority of the community keeps asking for, but it keeps getting ignored or potentially prolonged. Things like Rrole queue, clan system, more avoid slots, better matchmaker, more lore, new gamemodes, etc.

Yeah and then you get backfilled into a game with only 2 minutes left :\ It’s bad right now.

1 Like

Overwatch has been dying for a while. Ever since they decided to repeat the same events with little to no change, lack of new core gamemodes, and the everlasting problem of their horrible competetive “ladder”. Overwatch is most likely going to end up worse off than TF2 and completeley descend in eSports and casual gaming.

3 Likes

Hey! In general, the developers are busy with really important things!

Every day they organize press conferences to discuss diversity, gays and feminism. And what is the next character to make gay so that SJW freaks (who do not even play this game) didn’t cry.
Very important things by the way!

Players and gameplay? pffffff who care about this.

2 Likes

It’s not. At least not any more than any other 3 year old game. Overwatch definitely isn’t as popular as it was, but it still holds massive popularity. The people who keep saying “OVERWATCH IS DYING!” are implying it’s some harsh dropoff because of X thing that they want to see nerfed.

1 Like

Anyone else memeber when a new character or map was released it was the top trading video on Youtube? I memeber

The OWL will save the game! You’ll see! I’ll show you!

People will flock to watch the OWL, and then they’ll be all “this looks fun! I’m going to try out this game!” and buy the game!

You’ll see! I’ll show you!

1 Like