đź›° Overwatch HERO 30: Shield Generator Tank Concept (New Hero Ability)

Tanks should not be all about Barriers. (I believe that’s the focus here, introducing a anchor who doesn’t focus on Barriers.)

(Honestly I prefer if they released a Support next.)

1 Like

An “anchor tank” needs to be able to block damage entirely as otherwise it would be charging ultimates/allowing focus fire to burn through.

Any tank without a barrier is placed in the off-tank spot however can be a maintank if they are mobile enough(see hammond)

1 Like

I want to bet. And I mean BET.
They are going to make Sanjay a Support, that has a Lock-On. Provides Shields with a shift ability, provides a barrier with his E, and has an ultimate that gives everyone on his team 75 perma shields.

hmmmmMMMMMMMmm

3 Likes

What a waste of a support hero

1 Like

I’ve got the feeling they’re using a SHIIIIELD GENERATOR!

1 Like

That or Echo is going to get the Shielding effect. I mean look at her character.

Not to mention I bet she is going to get a form of either Moira damage beam or Sym2.0 beam. In her pre-release they gave her “particle beam” as her main attack.

HMMMmmmmmmmmMM

1 Like

They moved Torb’s lv3 turret to BOB, so I’m expecting the same to happen with shield gen, but I expect it on a support.

1 Like

Im just realized that could be the reason, why Sym has no lock-on and got a fully reworked weapon. They could try to adjust the older Sym weapon to Echo.

1 Like

Echo or Sanjay… but honestly I don’t care anymore.

I just what devs to start talking again which I assume they are going to do next week.

The last thing this game needs is more “fat dps” aka tanks. If anything, the game needs more anti-tanks that are somehow not also anti-everyone.

When Echo comes out she is gonna be the 2.0 rework we should of gotten

You mean like Hero 35 could be Echo… cause technically she could be.

Honestly I’d like to see a tank that can rotate its’ shield around itself independent of the tanks orientation. Kind of like the mouse controlled turrets atop vehicles in some vehicular combat games.

But on the same note, I really don’t want anymore barrier tanks. If they want to give Winston, Rein and Orisa alternate kit’s that slightly modify their playstyle to appeal to a broader audience and add variety that’s fine.

So long as they still generally operate as Main Tanks.

Anything more and we’re probably gonna roll into some new Fortress Meta.

I like this idea quite a lot tbh. Im very into the idea of a tank with some sort of protection aura (i like the idea of a % of damage nearby teammates take is redirected to the tank at a reduced rate, but I can see how that could get mess in a game like OW) so i think this is pretty neat.
I do like the idea of non-healing supports with shielding/armor giving abilities as a way of damage mitigating. Either would be fine with me, but I would like to see some more creativity with tanks tbh

Just gonna Highlight this, because I have posted a lot in the last hour: :Moon: What if the next 4 Heroes were D.Va's Entire Mecha Squad released at once or Twice

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that the next character will be water-based to counteract the fire DOT caused by Ashe and Torb’s ultimate.

if shield generator ever returns on a new her, i will one trick that hero. shield generator was by far my favorite ultimate in this game, too bad it got removed tho…

If this happens i will be so sad( it IS unfair for everyone, Symm mains and first players), but I will laugh, a lot.

Probably my mind wont be the same after.

1 Like

Brigitte has Sym 1.0 E ability
B.O.B. is a level 3 Torb turret
etc.

It happened often that a removed ability got adjusted and became a new heros ability. The weapons and abilities fit for Echo and Sanjay imo.

Remember that they said they dont know what role Echo could fill. If they said: Yeah, she will be the same as Sym but with tank and/or heal capacity then everyone loses the interest in the upcoming hero.

so you want to make the brig mistake again and add another “rally”?