Overwatch has peaked and is in decline

Many fans will counter with it’s fine and OWL is doing great. However queue times have gotten longer and longer. 5+ Minutes for an arcade match or QP. Comp is and has always been an udder mess. Development is extremely slow. Every event it’s same old stuff with new skins and sprays. Oh joy so we use the in game credits since we all have so many and buy everything new and move on. It’s a sad time to be a gamer.

12 Likes

Theres the biggest issue. Nobody is questioning that the dev team deserve to spend christmas and new year with family but this is a full year issue. What have we genuinely had in all the time the game has been release?

You could argue that we’ve had a few maps and a few heroes added but imagine if blizz gave the community the tools to make their own maps or have a sort of workshop like steam has.

18 Likes

Every time someone says the que times are getting longer I just roll my eyes.

I still only wait a minute or two for QP.

5 Likes

I guess it depends on region and the time they queue.
The lack of content this year compared to the previous ones though, do worry me.

1 Like

That is a cause for concern, but using que times aren’t really a solid example.

2 Likes

Yeah. LOW GRAVITY.
Which modes and what time are you trying to play?

Probably mystery heroes xD

1 Like

where are your stats?

Comp play Time Elapsed: 3:29

Minute or 2? It took seconds in 2016.

5 Likes

Wasn’t here in 2016, but most people are complaining about 5 minute ques.

You mean things players have asked for since day 1? Guess some game developers listen to their communities like fort something something.

3 Likes

:cow::cow2:
I’m supposed to take this thread seriously or nah?

1 Like

Queue times are a minute or less for me. Must be your skill rating/region.

Development isn’t slow for a pay-once-to-play-forever game… Y’all have very high expectations that are completely unrealistic.

I think the queue is subjective, usually doesn’t take more than 1 minute or 2 at most. However, the lack of new gameplay elements is definitely an issue, and I think part of that is that supposedly all of the resources that would be used on new event gamemodes or anything are already being used for other projects. The big problem is that we have absolutely no idea what these projects are. We have nothing to look forward to, we’re just… waiting.

What have we genuinely had in all the time the game has been release?

its actually kind of astounding how little they have to show for a supposed >100 person team (according to Jeff in one of the dev updates) working presumably full time (game devs probably work more than full time) for abut 2.5 years, especially since in the last year they didn’t add any game modes. The biggest thing they did was modify an existing one (Uprising) into Retribution.

1 Like

Mystery hero’s. It’s long queue or your in to a instant loss. No happy medium.

so you are only posting about Q times and not the current state of the game! You are so blind… Children…sigh… they would eat a Sh** sandwich if it was just presented right!

Speaking of queue times…
(I play on all three - PC, PS4, XB1 … yes I know I love the game … and I’m in Asia)

PC - no problems with queue times
XB1 - good lord. I’m just level 22 and there are days when I spend more time in Skirmish than in an actual match. Also, I have never played Mystery Heroes since I get bored waiting in Skirmish for more than 20 minutes.
PS4 - queue times was pretty decent when I played – haven’t played in months though.