Overwatch has lost its magic

The game is still good

You guys are just burned out.

1 Like

can you name those things? I mean just talking about it vaguely doesn’t help the devs with what’s wrong.

All games tend to lose their ‘magic’ for people. It’s just not new for a lot of people anymore. God knows I go through cycles playing different games on and off.

what a post. :clap: .

Regardless of how excellent they balance the game or skins they add or maps they introduce or whatever else they could,

This game will always lack 50% of its magic, without a proper competitive and a proper role que for both quickplay and comp. Potentially for comp, and a new quickplay mode with role que.

Well the notes got a bit messy, but sure.

Was waiting till work got less stressful, and I finished buying this condo.

Was also gonna see if I could teach myself premiere pro, or some user interface demo software.

It takes a special game to hold my attention for more than 1 year. There are only two games that I have put over 1000 hours into and they are both different genre (4X and aarpg).

Both of those games lost their magic a long time ago, but they still offer some kind of variety in gameplay that gives it replayability. OW struggles because you get maybe 1-2 new characters a year and maybe 1-2 maps, but for the most part the game stays exactly the same.

Blame Bobby Kottick. The CEO of Activivison put millions into OWL. That guy seriously needs to get the hell out of the gaming industry. Him and the CEO of EA. They are nothing but cockroaches greasy suits. They don’t play games, they only care about money.

3 Likes

Not millions.

Billions.

That’s a good narrative, but simply not true. OWL uses the meta a lot, but it isn’t the sole reason for the changes. You have to remember that a lot of pro players have legitimate concerns that have never been addressed. Blizzard may listen to them, but it also listens to the forums- however, they balance often on their own data and ideas rather than community feedback.

They currently seem to be going after the Goal of “Community shutting up, Pros being happy with Meta Choices and as many hero viable there as possible”

Like seriously…
Brig Nerfs seem to be to shut up the community as even a blind person can see, they didn’t actually do much about GOATS and according to the pros everybody likes to listen to, prolly won’t either.

Reaper/Bastion/etc Buffs are made to possibly make them playable for the OWL so the people playing them have an incentive to watch in order to get better. As well as them alongside the Armor changes being desperate attempts to force GOATS out by making their counters extremely strong (be in on paper or not)
They did the same with with Brig and Dive and when you look at the outcry… it wasn’t healthy for the game because it turned one problem into another without even removing the first while making the second a necessity (Brig wouldn’t have to be as strong as she ended up being if they nerfed Mobility as a whole and gave more general answers to it than, Counter-Mobility-Hero)

1 Like

Damage control.

They gave brig, we made GOATS into a thing
They tried to delete it as most people dislike it, nerfed wrong heroes either too much or made nerfs that just made the game generally worse.

The same thing happened when they tried to delete dive, with adding brig in, they try to do poor damage control.

3 Likes

This basically applies to every Blizzard game at this point.

2 Likes

You fix GOATS with 2, 2, 2, role selection. You don’t even need role queue for that. You don’t need to make huge sweeping changes.

The armor change is making tanks really unfun to play. Not just that, but burst heals can’t even heal through it.

Last night watching top 500s play, it seems running 3 supports is the key. Their ults are the only thing that can stop the burst damage so that you can actually have a team fight.

And then you complain about it and you get a bunch of people telling you that you’re overreacting and everything is fine - and really, it’s not.

I agree that the game just doesn’t feel the same anymore. I couldn’t tell you if it’s the player base, the matchmaker, the balance changes, or the lack of new content that should have been growing all this time with OW but hasn’t. I’m not a game designer/maker/producer/publisher, it’s not my job to know.

I’m just the consumer who’s no longer satisfied with a product I used to really love, and am sad to see it falling by the wayside with no one interested in helping it back up again.

5 Likes

The people who play OWL are already not playing the same game that we are. I ask all of you here, how many times have you died AFTER you went into cover? This is because of the way that our servers work, favor the shooter, relatively slow tickrate. But this doesn’t happen to the players in the OWL because they are playing on LAN. I have begun to feel that it is patently ridiculous to tailor the game that we play for them when they aren’t playing the game with the same restrictions that we are.

3 Likes

I believe it’s mix of these. Truly. It is their first FPS game. I guess it’s gonna be a “test” for the future of how they manage FPS?

1 Like

So many of my complaints though focus around the social aspect of the game that I KNOW Blizzard already has done!

Why don’t we have guilds? WoW has had guilds since day one.
Why did it take so long to get a LFG? Does it function well now, do people actually use it? Because I sure as heck don’t.
Why can we only avoid three players at a time? There are so many trolls and smurfs in this game that I want to avoid I have to pick and choose the worst of the worst and live with Trollbjorn regularly getting on my team just so I can continue to avoid the Widowmaker who just goes into the back and dances all match. I just. Don’t. Know. Why. This. Is. A. Struggle.

I mean it’s a GAME, it’s supposed to be FUN!

2 Likes

The game will never be balanced if it doesn’t change its core gameplay.

The rock paper scissor mechanic will always leave people with the feeling that the counters of their main are OP and to make it worse, blizzard keeps reworking heroes in a way that they requires heavy communication to be valuable which puts a huge gap in the balance between ladder and pro scene.

2 Likes

All games lose their magic. Usually it takes only 1 to 12 months. OW managed to keep the magic alive for over 2 years at the very least. That’s sayin’ something.