Overwatch: Error Report BLZOWCLI00000005

Overwatch: Error Report
External software has acquired some video resources from Overwatch, which can often cause problems with the game. Please consider closing any video capture or overlay software that might be running.

OW2 has been crashing everyday now since a couple patches ago. The only other software that I use (which has no overlay) is discord.

I have never had this crashing problem before this year, I have made no changes to my configuration, and I refuse to play OW2 without using discord to communicate with team mates.

Drivers, BiOS, Windows version, NVIDIA drivers all up to date.

At first, I figured the problem was with me streaming the game (using discord only) but after I tested without streaming the game, I still experienced crashing.

Has anyone else experienced these problems recently, and anyone found any work arounds? I am not willing to do a fresh install of Windows since OW2 is the only game crashing for me.

1 Like

Can you add a DxDiag for troubleshooting? Use Pastebin.com and provide a link.

Im having the exact same issues and cant find any help

Just started yesterday. Starts up, crashes graphics card. I tried every fix on the internet. Flashed my graphics drivers, reinstalled, disabled any overlay programs, and repaired the game. I reinstalled the game.

1 Like

https://pastebin.com/6m874z40

Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: iCUEDevicePluginHost.exe
P2: 5.11.96.0
P3: 65c10720
P4: AacAmbientHal_x64.dll

Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Aac3572MbHal_x86.exe

The Corsair utility is likely causing this.

In the second error, this app is known for eating system resources, so it could be contributing to the problem. Google Aac3572MbHal_x86.exe to see what I’m talking about.

I don’t see any dates on these crashes though, can you pinpoint these applications are what’s causing the crashing?

Also, why are these suddenly a problem when I’ve had these programs running the background for over a year without problems, then a couple patches ago, I’m seeing these crashing messages, and other people are having the same issues that came along with the new patch.

They are common apps I’ve seen cause other players issues in the many years of troubleshooting here. If you need some “for certain” information: Applications that are working as intended should never appear in the error log of your DxDiag. Plus, they are just apps, it’s not a big deal at all to turn them off/uninstall for troubleshooting purposes.

Pinpointing them would involve reviewing memory dump files, which can take hours/days and is beyond the scope of what I will provide you as a volunteer in a tech forum.

The game changes every patch, so it’s possible for software you’ve been using to stop being as compatible as it once was.

If you’re not interested in investigating those apps as the cause, that’s your choice. Your next step would be to open a ticket with the staff to see if they have any other tips to offer.

I appreciate your response in helping, but I believe the issue stems further from other applications being the cause of the problem.

While I can see the error logs pointing to things like Corsair iCUE, and ASUS Armour Crate, I believe there have been changes made to the game (from the previous patches) that are causing it to be more unstable. I have been playing OW2 since release and using those applications since then, and I have never seen a crash stating external video resources were requested from Overwatch and that being a cause to crash the game.

What would be nice to see is if this issue was flowed down to the development team to get the problem sorted out, as it’s definitely a newer problem (and I’ve seen it happen to my other friend just yesterday).

For anyone stumbling upon this post seeking resolution, you heard it from tech support: You must exit/uninstall iCUE, and uninstall ASUS Armoury Crate.

Hopefully the development team can implement some more exceptions on other applications requesting video resources so the game can be more stable in the future…

I’ve been playing this and the last 8 seasons, but I’ve yet to run into an issue with the game client. However, I’m also incredibly strict with third-party apps.

Not quite. What you have here is a suggestion from a fellow player and forum volunteer. You have an app that has been reported on Reddit thousands of times for performance issues, and you have another app known for interfering with the Overwatch client. My suggestion was to remove them as part of the troubleshooting 101 process.

Did removing them resolve the issue?

I am having the same problem to the extent that my account is constantly banned from queuing at this point due to it thinking I am intentionally leaving, my endorsement level has fallen from 5 to 2, and no matter what I try nothing is fixing this, scan & repair, installs on multiple platforms such as steam instead, different accounts, updating and rolling back drivers and reinstalling them entirely, reinstalling the game entirely and I do not have the listed programs above although fairly similar spec to @BloodKnight on the thread before me.

I am desperate for a solution as I am having to play on alternate accounts to avoid being banned for the random crashing. I would say it can happen probably 1/4 games, very abruptly, sometimes multiple in a row. I do not have any video recording software active, or anything with the on hand capability to do so.

I assumed it could be discord due to the potential of streaming your screen, but I killed discord, and it still crashed, as well as trying the web browser alternate, where it still crashed.

I have fixed the issue my friend, I have returned to give you the solution, say goodbye to the timeouts. You must reset your RAM and free up the cached amount using a tool called RAMMap you can find on the official Microsoft website. Once this is flushed and cleared the game should continue operating as it did before the errors and constant crashing appeared. This should fix anyone’s problem with this exact error code. Please spread the message for the other poor souls getting banned and XP reductions because of this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.