Overwatch: Endgame

So i just watched Avengers: Endgame yesterday and because of that, and because the fact of OW 2 is coming soon i thought about one thing:
What about an epic, final battle (like in Endgame) between Overwatch agents and the Agents of Talon. And it will be the final mission in OW 2. Just imagine: your play for example Tracer with Soldier, Rein and Mercy and with many bots againts AI controlled Doomfist, Reaper, Moira, Widowmaker etc. bosses. I think it would be epic.

3 Likes

Unlikely due to fact, that Ow is GaaS (game as a service) and should provide some lore content every year.

My bets for “epic battle” are more on Zurich HQ Explosion.

3 Likes

I think they’d have them all join forces to defeat a bigger threat!
(Null Sector)

You’re not going to get an Endgame for Overwatch for a long, long time. We are still very early in the story.

3 Likes

If ever endgame, I think it will be in Overwatch 3.

1 Like

If anything, the bit of Overwatch 2 we saw was Avengers 1. That being said, we’ve already gone through our Civil War arc with Jack and Gabriel, so if we are to follow the Avengers movies, then Overwatch 1, 2, and 3 would be Avengers 2, 1, and presumably 3.

pretty sure i just watched Overwatch Endgame, 5 players left comp, resulting in the lone Sigma trying his absolute best to 1v6

2 Likes

as others have said, they will be adding story content to overwatch 2 many years after launch, so i say it’s unlkely to happen for a long time

First we need a story before we can have a endgame. OW doesn’t need the Justice League treatment.