Overwatch Disconnects

I’ve recently started playing OW again after a long hiatus, and for the first few weeks have had 0 problems with the game. Unfortunately for the past 2 weeks I’ve been hit with the “failed to connect to the server” regardless of my connection (for example I can connect to the servers and queue but as soon as the match is ready I can’t connect). This only happens with Overwatch and it has been happening so frequently that I genuinely cannot play the game and have been banned from comp as a result. It happens pseudo-randomly with no pattern that I’ve noticed it simply works when it wants and stops working when it doesn’t.

I’m not too concerned about the ban because i’ll just play quick play for now as they apparently don’t lift comp bans, but is there any fix for this? I’ve already tried all of the “official” fixes to no avail. It only happens with Overwatch; I can play Fortnite, Apex, CSGO, Siege, literally any other shooter but Overwatch and have 0 connection issues. As someone who was pushing GM this is unbelievably frustrating as now my progress is halted due to no fault of mine.

When creating a new thread about a connection issue, please include a WinMTR so members of the community can help you troubleshoot.

WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)

This data request is for players connecting in the Americas or Oceanic regions. Players connecting to European servers should post their test data in the EU forum for troubleshooting.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test per the instructions.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, then highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break any links by adding a space before .com, .net, etc., so you can post them.

so Nicole, what about someone responds to my thread where ALL the info is ?

==>> Back to login in-game

Calling me out here is not cool. I’m a volunteer. If you require staff assistance and an estimated response time, I highly recommend using the ticket system.

Thank you Nicole :slight_smile:

I was wondering why someone with “MVP-Tech Support” as a title was responding in a “undocumented” post while my documented post was ignored.

No harm intended :slight_smile:

“Most Valuable Poster (of) Tech Support” is the volunteer title Blizzard uses, but that doesn’t come with requirements to respond to any specific posts. I hope this clears any confusion. :slight_smile:

I’ll include a WinMTR when the issue happens again, so far on every attempt I’ve tried today there was no issue.

Well, that’s good :slight_smile: