Overwatch Dev Update: Closed Beta (SUS)

We knew the NDA Beta was coming. That Blizz already started behind closed doors.

But now if you listen closely… It’s just 5v5 PvE and Sojourn to PC only in April. (likely for only a weekend or so)

While that is a good thing… I am heavily suspicious.

When things are not properly roadmapped for later this year…

They can be delayed and or removed.

And if the rumors about OW2 not being ready by 2023 are true…

Then this content was expected… but not enough water for the content drought.

edit: Gonna highlight the support drought which we covered a few days ago: (MIG) The Wasted Potential of Overwatch Support Heroes - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

edit:

Just reposting this here and enjoying my coffee.

Next day update:
Another reason to be SUS

(IGN) Bobby Connected to Insider Trading - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

7 Likes

The rumors are things random people said and deserve no more credibility than random forum posts. People have started a rumor about OW2 with every single possible scenario (I think Metro personally has used every possible release date and scenario and claimed them as leaks).

15 Likes

What I find sad is we get our 18th DPS, 3 DPS reworks and 1 tank rework.

Nothing new for support players.

38 Likes

We shouldn’t dismiss them though completely.

For example: I dismissed someone leaking Ashe to me, months before the reveal.

I mean yes but everyone is “leaking” every combination of things so it is hard to trust anyone. Metro used to be reliable regarding Blizzcon but his source was clearly someone in the setup who given that it is online is no longer involved in that so now there are no really reliable sources anymore.

Well… OW2 PvP and PvE are now seperated and I’m pretty sure OW2 PVP will launch sometime later this year.

2 Likes

Hero reworks for Doomfist and Orisa annouced - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

Made a side topic about the support role drought above.

Now breakfest.

This is only the first closed beta - in the updated Aaron says there will be several, with communication from the dev team after each one to tell us progress.

So once again they tell us they will be more transparent? How many times have we heard that?

It’s a closed beta, how will I know I get to play? If I have to watch this OWL bs while not being able to play myself ill stay mad.

Sojourn only new hero we get to play (if we get to play), how about some new heroes after all this time?

Idk it’s good that we got an update, but I was hoping for better. This was on the lower end of things I expected tbh.

3 Likes

To me, I just heard the “TM” next to that “several™”.

Could be “several™” (3) over a 3 year period…

1 Like

Don’t you ever get tired of being pessimistic?

3 Likes

I am physically and mentally tired every single moment…

The dumb world made me this way.

God Bless Coffee.

1 Like

Yeah. For me this is like what we expected without telling us anything. I’m glad we got the confirmation from them but… yeah these “accelerated plans” sound like what we were already planning on getting. With a subtle hint that OW2 might not fully release PvP until the end of the year if not next (Aaron says more BETAS later in the year)

3 Likes

“Stock holders we still exist please don’t leave”

I don’t get how this always wasn’t the case?

1 Like

I think they did talk about it last AMA.

The lukewarm or even cold response here shows just how much goodwill the devs have eroded over the years.

2 Likes

I have been repeatedly backstabbed… so yeah

(Ex Support Sym main Doomfish)

Doom needs it, so :woman_shrugging:t2:

That is usually how long betas last.

The good news is, the game release won’t be far behind. It is all the content that we have already seen. There is no reason to delay that one any longer at least.

if there is going to be a delay it will be for future content or the pve