Overwatch Credits multiplying (anniversary challenge bug?)

There is a increasing/multiplying bug with the white credits, possibly when you open the game.

Context: I don’t know the exact amount I had, but I’m pretty sure I had under 1000 credits before doing the anniversary challenges. I finished the current challenges and went to check the skins since I should have been somewhere close to 2k credits. It let me purchase a skin and I didn’t think anything of it until afterwards when the shop was showing I had 3350 credits left. (queue my confusion when the math wasn’t mathing) . I decided to check the forums then close/reopen the game after seeing other people reporting similar issues. When I reopened the game my credits had once again increased to show 4150. I tested closing/reopening a couple more times to see if that’s where it was bugged but it didnt change

2 Likes

Delete this before they fix it :sob:

3 Likes

haha Sorry, I’m not the only one who has reported this issue so its likely gonna get fixed whether I delete this or not. :sweat_smile:

Another report mentioned that their greyed-out/unavailable anniversary challenges are showing as completed despite being locked still, along with receiving the extra credits. I checked this morning and my amount went up by another 600 credits, but unavailable “win 10-20 game” challenges were also showing as completed. So I’m wondering if this is actually a challenge bug and not a credit bug. I’ve been pretty much only playing the arcade games since they released so this would make sense for me, but my amount still seems off based on what it says I have completed.

I wonder have you played the pve mode? I unlocked the 2 upcoming 10 games challenges and i have played about 5 pve matches, but i already have the current 20games challenge unlocked as i played some arcade. So i wonder if it has something to do with the pve mode.

yea, I played the PVE missions around the time they came out. I played the kings row modes with friends more recently, but that was a few weeks ago when it was still available.

I didn’t even think of those being related unless there’s another PVE thing i dont know about?

I realized the glitch too, but apparently it’s because the other credit challenges for week 2 and 3 were actually completable, so all those credits are from those challenges. I don’t understand why sometimes they only show up after you re-open the game, but all my week 2 and 3 challenges have been completed because of this. Kinda annoying because I was gonna use the week 2 and 3 credits to buy a skin which I can’t anymore.

Yea, that makes sense and based on other reports that was the same conclusion I came to.
I still feel like I have way more credits than I should though…? Has this also happened to you?

I could totally be missing something and I got credits somewhere else but had no idea, or i may have had more than I realized to begin with…but with the challenges that I currently have marked as completed I should have only received around 2000 credits. (Gala Goer, Jubilee Jester, Commencement Captain, anniversary Attendee, Revelry Regular and Festival Fan.)
I currently have 4600. and that’s after buying the Bee Sigma (2000 credits) and Pearl Brig (750 credits) skin. That would mean I had a total of over 7k credits. And with the assumption that i had around 1000-2000 to begin with, that means I must have received anywhere between 5000-6000 credits. In my original post, I thought I had either under or somewhere close to 1000 before this (I had used credits to buy an echo skin and multiple voicelines so I didnt think I had very many). Its been a while now though, so dont actually remember how many I had… I guess I could have had more than I realized, but even then it feels like I have a LOT.

Yea I feel like I got more too, I was thinking that maybe the challenges could be done multiple times or something, but I’m not getting any more credits now so I’m not sure

Yea I haven’t gotten any more either, but I’ve also been playing less arcade.