Overwatch could always use more diverse heroes

We know that Overwatch has diverse roster of heroes. But developers physically can’t represent everyone, so I think we should start a thread where you can post your wishes for new diverse hero type
I personally want old female dwarf hero, she could be a new Overwatch agent (not from original Overwatch) and have interesting backstory (due to her age it should be longer, because Ana backstory is very lame, she just was in shadows for a long time after she lost an eye) and motivation.

2 Likes

More MEKA pilots. Maybe even a male one (for the ladies) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can assure you that I, a male, wants a male MEKA pilot as much as any lady on the forums.

4 Likes

see I want to be a male MEKA pilot IRL :slight_smile: but love playing D’Va

1 Like

I want a flamethrower user, totting anti-climate science and outright denier of climate change. He is racist, thoroughly anti-science, hate Onmics and a stone cold mercenary with penchant of burning things up.

Yes, a direct nemesis of Mei.

1 Like

This is awesome. Just like almost every human on earth. Although he just could use climate change in his own interest.

1 Like

I think a hero from SE Asia would be good. I feel like the game doesn’t really have much rep for this part of the world. We have the Thai map but it’s CTF only, but that’s it as far as I can remember?

But it’d be fun to have a Thai, Viet, Malay or Pinoy character.

4 Likes

an Indigenous hero whose heritage isn’t hidden in a skin/a spray would be cool

1 Like

Polish hero with hearing loss and his/her hearing aids used as abilities.
His/her backstory would explain the bad situation in Poland we see in Legacy and he/she found hurted Ana in ruins and transported her to Polish hospital.

1 Like

hearing boost activated :heart_eyes:

1 Like

When I first read that I saw “IKEA pilots”. I had to look twice then! I swear I’m losing the plot…

I do however think it’s a good idea. And maybe a hero that’s blind but has some kind of neural-visual camera attached to them! That would be pretty interesting. That could cross the human/omnic boundary in some way!

1 Like