Overwatch Contenders / League 2022 Schedule - Earn Skins

I don’t get any contenders skins either (Sigma and Moira). Waste of time.

No way, it has been the 2nd time that they give Sigma and Moira.

I’ve only received up to the 12hr mark (a rough guesstimate since I already have some of the OWL gray skins from past promotions) and have watched every stream start to finish… This system was practically flawless last year, don’t know what happened this time.

2 Likes

What is the watch time required? a bazillion hours?

2 Likes

*puts on tinfoil hat *
The league is in it’s 5th year, and all of the team “owner” contracts were for 5 years. League has been doing really poorly for years now, especially with the sponsorship loss for not only the league in general, but individual teams, too. The “owners” want out, citing poor league performance & lack of profits. That’s why blizz was letting the league play on OW2 while OW1 was still up, and why drops seem to consistently break. They’re trying to farm & maintain views so that they can go back and say, “Look! But we had consistently high numbers!” even though the majority of those views were afk’d for rewards. They know that, just like with contenders, if they give out rewards in a timely fashion, views will plummet once people get the rewards and have no further incentive to watch. And no views = bad look = more likely that the “owners” will not renew the contract for year 6.

3 Likes

yeah it’s BS. it’s now 2 days after the final and I still have not got a single reward from the entire event even though I was “connected” and streaming everything except the first day.

2 Likes

well you’re right they should have mentioned something like - don’t worry there is bug but your rewards will come soon. Instead we are just left in the dark and it doesn’t feel good.

7 Likes

While we wait for the 2022 Playoffs Rewards issues to sort themselves out, I have updated the OP with Contenders schedule for the D.Va / Soldier: 76 skins.

As far as I can tell they have not yet specified which one is the 5 hour unlock and which is the 10. not sure if anyone unlocked one of them yet, this morning’s stream was just above the 5-hour mark. I was late to the stream.

Also I’m pretty sure the official schedule listings on Dec 10th for Europe :eu: and North America :us: is partially incorrect as it lists 2 brackets with the same start time. I suspect they meant the later brackets are airing the following date (Sunday, Dec 11th), but will have to wait and see to be sure.

5 Likes

Exactly the same thing is happening as with the OWL with the drops and the skins, still the same, I have seen the 5 h this morning and nothing of the first skin.

1 Like

Just move OWL to Twitch :expressionless:
Twitch has tracking for drops and everything. With YouTube there is literally no way to track.

1 Like

I watched both the final and the encore and got not a single token for it. Same as for all the other OWL matches I’ve watched.

5 Likes

I watched all normal streams on YouTube only - but the (live) Grandfinals I watched on YouTube and on the OWL website, because I already had issues with token drops earlier.
The Encore of the Grandfinals stream I’ve only watched on YouTube again.

2 Likes

They still never confirmed my 3rd receipt… can I use one of yours like you mentioned? That would be epic…

I’m missing Sigma, Bap, JQ, Kiriko & Sojourn skins. Plus all the add-ons and 100 Tokens.

I got all the other skins.

2 Likes

Missing everything after Wednesday of last week….got nothing Thursday Friday or Saturday

7 Likes

I let my friend use the same receipt but both got denied saying it’s been used already. I’m not sure how the detection was used, maybe it was the same file name or they saw the same picture within 48 hours?

Anyways, I took a new set of pictures of the same receipt in a different setting and we’ll see if that works. I know it worked the first time if it does, I’ll know by tomorrow.

I emailed them all 3 receipts and said it hasn’t credited me the 3rd reward yet so hopefully the email to them works.

I hope you get it soon. Keep me posted.

1 Like

The broadcast was 5:11, including the 15 min pre-show timer, and it didn’t initially have the “Connected” icon. I didn’t bother refreshing until 2:00 before the show started, and the “Connected” icon displayed, so it could have been active sooner.

Regardless, it’s splitting hairs to expect the 5-hour reward from the first broadcast, especially when it’s barely hitting the 5-hour mark. This happens each Contenders, and best case scenario is we’ll see the first skin with this next broadcast. There have been scenarios where we’ve had to wait a few days before it drops, and scenarios where it drops as expected, within the first hour or so of the 2nd broadcast.

2 Likes

This will have to be addressed. Too many people watched and didn’t get rewards.

4 Likes