Overwatch Contenders / League 2022 Schedule - Earn Skins

I’ve watched every stream on multiple accounts and there seems to be two major issues with the rewards, the first of which being the major delay/nonreceipt of tokens.

The second issue is that the skin rewards seem to be triggering at twice the required hours as they should, but this is not consistent across all accounts and could be coincidental.

Anecdotes from every account I’ve checked:

• Account 1: Has watched every single broadcast & encore start to finish. Started the day with 145 tokens from playoffs and no Echo skin unlocked. Ended the day with 150 tokens from playoffs and unlocked the Echo skin.

• Account 2: Missed the first live broadcast of playoffs but has watched every other broadcast & encore start to finish. Started the day with 55 tokens from playoffs and no Mercy skin unlocked. Ended the day with 60 tokens from playoffs and unlocked the second wave of skins.

• Multiple other accounts which have all watched every broadcast & encore have received anywhere from 50-130 tokens but have not received any reward past the 9hr tier (Brigitte skin).

Additionally I have two Japanese accounts that have watched every single broadcast & encore and received 50-55 tokens each and the skin rewards up to the 9hr tier despite not usually being eligible for token drops.

Hoping the other rewards are just delayed because I should have cleared 30hrs many times over on every single account by now.

1 Like

Not for me, I didn’t even have Echo yet.

I’ve been watching Day 4 Encore + Day 5 Playoffs on Live, still hasn’t earned ANY Tokens since that.

I cant wait until after the finals, everything just magically fixes itself.

Or they just go, sorry lol the thing broke and we cant track who should get what, so we just unlock everything for everyone we advertised as an apology, see you next year for the OW2 OWL grey skins and thanks for the viewership.

For real tho, its unbelieveable,that its 2022 and they still didnt manage to develop at least a progress bar on youtube for this thing.
Got the Bastion skin like 2 days ago with some tokens, i cant check if i unlocked Mei since for some reason we cannot just put a lock on a hero we also have to remove it from the hero gallery. I think i am at around 20 hours so far but the Brig tier reward just dosnt want to appear.

1 Like

I’ve now only gotten 175 tokens from viewing all live streams and encores. Has anyone received more than 175 tokens? The last skins I needed were Bap and Sig (which I got yesterday) so I cannot confirm other hour tiers have counted because I already had those grey/white OWL skins.

This has to be the most infuriating system ever. i’ve watched everything other than the first days stream (caught up on the encores though) and should be well into the rewards. i’ve triple checked everything is linked. that i have my diamond tick for being connected to battlenet while i watch. i even switched to the OWL site and made sure i had the green light on clocking my time.

I’m in an eligible country, i’ve made sure nothing is muted, im watching everything live/as it’s premiered and I have not recieved a single reward. not one token, not one skin, not 1 spray.

now are they all just going to magically appear in my OWL heroes list on the 14th?

who can say? I certainly can’t check to see if they’re even tracking my activity.

they should have just stuck with a twitch drop at least there people can see their progress and if their time is being counted.

3 Likes

watched everyday for the entire stream, only 3h rewards. typical blizzard bs again

5 Likes

The token drops seem to be a bit more buggy for last 2 days–only got 15 total between day 3 encores/day 4 streams…

4 Likes

Watched 1 hour encore, no drop.

As of this morning logging in to my account, having watched all live streams and encores on my phones yt app, and currently watching the running encore right now, I can say I have gotten the following:

160 tokens dropped, and all skins up to Bap, Sigma, and Roadhog

I got 10 tokens dropped from yesterday, and the latest skins I got I had in my account from 12pm PST yesterday. Nothing new today from logging on since yesterday even though I haven’t missed a game or encore. I don’t own any of the previous years OWL skins except for Zarya, Winston, Widow and Lucio from watching during the season but I don’t have the rest in between so I will update you guys when the next tier appears to be dropping.

Right now they seem extremely delayed, tokens and skins by 1-3 days.
My friend who has been watching also on his phone and hasn’t missed a game has only gotten 15 tokens and not even a single skin dropped, not even from the first(Tracer, Genji, Bastion) set. I would give this some time personally. It seems rewards are not only delayed, but being given out randomly at different times to certain groups of accounts at a time.

Looking pretty grim considering in past years, even the Grand Finals drops last year appeared in the hero gallery within an hour of reaching the hour milestones and none of the regular season skin drops were delayed this year either. It feels like it’s just not tracking correctly as opposed to being delayed.

The token count for almost everybody far exceeds the reward tier they’ve acquired and I don’t think anyone’s token count even remotely lines up with the hours they’ve watched the stream let alone comparing hours watched to reward tier.

4 Likes

I got 185 tokens so far and currently at 18 hours mark skins.

exactly. about 20ish hours and 30 tokens and 3h skins.

Close to 50 hours of watchtime now and only got 15 tokens, no skins.

2 Likes

Well good for you honestly, but at the same time this has got me a little worried since your post is marked as 2 days old and I still am not up to that tier (got up to Ball and DVA drops) while having streamed all playoffs since the start which I believe is already more than 30 hours right ?

(and yes : watching from YT on the same machine everyday, making sure the diamond is up and all that…)

:confused:

My little theory is that they have shut down their rewards sending machine since yesterday now that people start to click the 30 hours limit.
Why ? Because they want the people to stay connected and continu to watch these damn matches. It’s also the reason why the rewards were given so slowly with so much delay. As for me for ex, I am sorry but I cannot care less about this competition. I am just here for the drops and the tokens. And I guess I am not alone in that situation.
Shamefull dishonest mehods … if it’s the case.

1 Like

My youtube account is linked, I have watched every match/day event and have not received any coins or skins yet. Have a gut feeling I will never receive anything…

5 Likes

Again, we used to have someone called WyomingMyst here that used to care about these kinds of things. I know he changed into an official position now and I don’t blame the guy directly but we/I miss this kind of support alot. He used to contact people and confirm problems. Now we are left in the dark. I have watched everything since playoffs started. The encores don’t drop ANY token at all for me. The live streams some but not all. I am at the Echo Skin treshhold and I wanted the “OWL Turns 5 player icon” so bad. But I dont even have the Sigma OWL skin yet. I just wish anybody from blizzard would care and give us some sort of confirmation about delays or broken systems and that drops are being post-processed. Without this we all complain about this system not being able to check progress. Please care about your players and communicate with us. I love Overwatch but it’s these kind of things that are a major turn off, no statement in 5 days is devastating. I hope this changes soon. And I hope all of us will receive the drops they deserve.

4 Likes

Blizzard address issues challenge -NIGHTMARE DIFFICULTY-

Been stuck at 115 tokens and up to 9hr skin rewards for over 24 hours now, despite watching all of the stream and encores yesterday and the encores today. Hope that it calculates everything correctly :frowning:

If you’ve honestly watched every match since Sunday but have received 0 tokens or skins there is likely something wrong with your setup.

Above linking your account you must watch the matches through a YouTube web site or app that shows a “Connected” diamond under the video. watching through an embedded player (ex TV/console app) won’t work