Overwatch Contenders / League 2022 Schedule - Earn Skins

Question, does encores also showing on OWL page?

Anyone else not getting tokens? I’ve watched for 10 hrs now, no progress. Looks like we’re back into the BS of time not counting and Youtube being a failure of a service for promotional content.

4 Likes

Haven’t checked encores yet.

1 Like

If you mean the OWL website, then yes the Encores do appear there but you’ll have to refresh for each different embed.

1 Like

all seen live and encore, 0 token on You tube, test OWL HP now…

1 Like

I have been watching through YouTube exclusively with “Connected” status. The only clear broadcasting issues were the memory issues/webpage crashes during the first encore stream. I refreshed the page regularly enough to mitigate missed viewership (made up by the 15 min pre-show countdown).

Here’s the rough timetables I’ve documented, and the associated tokens I’ve earned per expected values per broadcast. Times in Pacific:
10/30 - 2:00pm-9:00pm(5) - 5/35 tokens
10/31 - 6:30am-12:30pm(10), 2:00pm-10:45pm(20) - 30/70 tokens

Total: 21.75 hours viewed, and earned 35 of 105 tokens, or 7 of the 21 hours.

The only new OWL grey skin I can confirm within the 7 hours of tallied viewership is Bastion, as part of the 3-hour tier. Mei would likely be confirmable for the 6-hour tier, but is unavailable due to a bug. Tomorrow, I can hopefully get 2 hours tallied to validate Brigitte for the 9-hour tier.

6 Likes

I actually got the memory issue on the first day stream too, but hiding the chat window seems to help prevent it

I wanted to ask, did anyone watch Day 1/2 streams in full and get the brig skin? I was wondering whether the Brig skin just isn’t showing up or there was something wrong on my end and some of the viewtime didn’t count for me (I watched the whole Encore Day 1/Whole stream for day 2)

2 Likes

On Overwatch’s site they say that all drops will come on Nov. 15th or later. I am surprised you actually got Bastion. Is it possible you already had that skin before?

I’m glad I wasn’t the only problem with the memory issues. :sweat_smile:

Idk anymore dude. I got the 2 Bastion skins too but tokens still missing.

I did, too, but it only happened once or twice toward the start of the stream. The issues this morning kept going throughout the first match!

So, in order for that to be the case, someone would have received at least 45 tokens over the last 2 days, and I don’t think anyone has mentioned getting a tally that high, despite the expected 105 tokens by now.

This is the first time the Bastion skin has been made available. Before this event, 24 of the 35 heroes had already received their OWL grey skins, and it’s very likely the whole roster of grey skins (possibly with the exception of the 3 new heroes) is in the game, but hidden.

It’s more clear with Contenders skins, as you can set the Hero Gallery’s filter to “Overwatch Esports” and see the Contenders skin for Soldier:76, despite it has not been made available to him yet. I’m thinking something similar is happening here. The OWL grey/white skins are in the game, but won’t show until they’re unlocked. Meanwhile, the newest featured cosmetics (player icons, sprays, and name cards) aren’t in the game at all, and won’t be added to the game until the big balance patch on Nov 15.

not a single owl token since the start of thr streams… i assume i will not get the skins too.

thumps up blizz you are great… not…

1 Like

Still just 40 tokens received and the Bastion skins despite viewing every possible hour so far including encores.

And in 2 hours I’m putting encores on again.

6 Likes

Exactly like me. 40 tokens and only receive skins for 3 hours mark despite 22+ hours watched.

2 Likes

tested both, nothing …

2 Likes

I only got 35 tokens, watched all streams and encore, 22h+ and counting. I also got Tracer, Genji and Bastion skins.

Missing 75+ tokens. :sleepy:

2 Likes

I got tokens but I see some people are getting the skins already?

Watched the entire stream today and last nights encore and got some tokens but no bastion skin.

How the hell do we not have a watch hour status by this point? This is so annoying.

5 Likes

I hate hate how YouTube crashes even on Firefox with the chat window closed. Having YouTube on an iPhone or tablet is probably the best solution.

3 Likes

Why can’t they ever just acknowledge these issues instead of leaving us banging our heads against the wall? Literally communication is all it takes.

WyomingMyst used to… until he became official.

7 Likes

I watched for some time yesterday on YouTube and didn’t get tokens. I haven’t had too many issues since I started using YouTube instead of the OWL site, so kind of strange.