Overwatch Chess

youre tasked with making a chess game with OW characters. Who are you replacing the standard pieces with? you can either have multiple copies of a character or choose to make them each piece a unique hero (or maybe use something other than heroes)

My suggestion:

King - Rein
Queen - Dva
Bishop - lifeweaver
Knight - Orisa
Rook - Bastion
Pawns - Tracers

King - Sigma
Queen - Vendetta
Bishop - Moira
Knight - Doom
Rook - Mauga
Pawns - Sombras

4 Likes

More like Tic Tac Toe

Rook with Reaper because of his SS

1 Like

I like your idea. I’ve always thought a turn-based tactical shooter would be awesome with Overwatch heroes; something like Xcom or Shadowrun. Imagine being able to control what the entire team does. They could even keep the same maps.

Has anyone else ever played the Overwatch Monopoly board-game?

1 Like

My suggestion:

Replace everything with Junkrat and play checkers.

And for every move spamming “BRRRING! BRRRING! BRRRING!” for the ultimate triggering effect PepeLaugh

Cool idea! Its like Medieval OW: Part II

Heres my variation to your second list (I like the first one!):

King: Rammatra
Queen: D.Va (I saw some fan-made webzine with some Rammatra-D.Va love)
Bishop: Brigitte
Knight: Vendetta
Rook: Bastion (OW1 version)
Pawns: Jetpack Cat! :grinning_cat:

I can totally see this being a game at BlizzCon 2026 :star_struck: :chess_pawn:

And again…Reaper is forgotten…

1 Like

he was my talon knight initially…but thought doom hopping around felt more chess knight-ish

1 Like

Nobody likes Doom though. And he got rolled by Vendetta so easy. Reaper though-he’s the ultimate badass, so much better than Doom.

Go on…pick Reaper instead…go on, you know it’s makes sense…

Have I ever told you how sexy you are, Baja Blast? Most sheep would say Queen. But you? You understand she is no queen.

:flexed_biceps::face_blowing_a_kiss:

1 Like