Overwatch bug is ruining my comps

So, i was playing a ranked match and this happened. Every now and then like every maybe 20-30 seconds, i would literally be pushed in the direction i was walking without control of my character. First i thought it was some bad internet connection, so i started a wifi test that would let me see a graph of my connection throughout the span the test was running, so i could see if that was the problem. But i soon realized that it could not be my connection since, i could see everyone fighting in real time while i would just “float” away or keep getting pushed away somehow without control over my hero. furthermore i could also hear my teammates talking without any disturbance in their voice while this bug was going on, i could write in the chat in real time and see their response in real time without problems. Everytime this bug happened the game would quit the match automatically and i would see a black screen with the overwatch loading symbol in the cornor and then it would enter the game again after it had loaded. After the frustrating match with this constant bug making me quit and rejoin the match continuisly i checked my connection graph/report and it was stable and good throughout the intire game. From that match and on i’ve been getting this bug every single game. Note that the bug is constantly happening every 20-30 seconds during matches.

1 Like

Are you refering to the in-game netgraph (press Ctrl+Shift+N)? If so are you getting orange or white blocks scrolling across on that graph.

No I was using a net graph on a webbrowser, and it showed me no signs of bad connection i had stable ms throughout the intire game. I probably also need to say that after i restarted my pc and the game the bug has now disappeared.

I’ve been having this same issue for the past month. I have 99 FPS (my limit), 45 ping, full connection yet this can happen at any given time during a match and more often than not it’s in competitive.

It doesn’t matter what hero it is (for me it’s mostly Moira but I’m pretty sure it happens with other heroes too), you’re going sideways, often to the right, without any real control of your hero. You can try to press against it but it won’t fix anything.

This has often resulted in a time-out from the server (6-10 seconds of going sideways until the game drops me at the login screen, then after that the main menu and lets me rejoin). A few times it resulted in a black loading screen and leaving the loading screen resulted in a 10 minute ban and 50 SR loss for “leaving” even though I didn’t leave, the server bugged me out…

I think it might be an issue with the GeForce card (GTX 1060 3GB, up-to-date) but it could be something on Blizzard’s side… I don’t see FPS drops or ping drops when this happens. And sometimes when this happens it just goes away after a moment and lets me play regularly.

Please look into this.

It’s happening to me too.
I’ve Windows 10 with latest updates, GeForce 1080 with 419.67 drivers.
I’ve checked my Overwatch install and after e brief moment of initializing files it went normalli, didn’t download stuff to repair.

:frowning:

I had this happen to me the other day playing on PS4. I’m walking straight forward and at random moments I would just suddenly bump to one side, a few of those times resulting in me dying cause I’m suddenly outside of cover during an Ultimate. It happened three games in a row, and I know it’s not a controller issue because nothing like that happens in any other games I play. It also seemed like I wasn’t the only person on my team with that problem either.