Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 9/12/2019

On Reddit, Game Director Jeff Kaplan shares a video of Baptiste’s prototyping where the Immortality field was literally a lamp post spawned into the play field.

1 Like

I just want to point out…

A new lore drop in the PlayOverwatch.com website was released today:

NEWS ARTICLE - [LOCAL] HOW DON RUMBOTICO’S INTERNATIONAL FAME IS SLOWLY ERASING ITS FOUNDERS FROM THE NARRATIVE

Hey everyone, doing a technical update today. Some of the Twitch interview streams have dropped off so they are removed from the directory. Furthermore, the BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket has now expired. These panels will likely be accessible again when the 2019 Virtual Ticket returns, but until then the content is no longer accessible. As such these entries will be marked with a :no_entry: sign to show the content is offline.

Can we get a hint about a skin for the Anniversary event? :3

A lot has happened in the last few weeks with the release of the Overwatch Workshop. That being said I am working to catch up on posts for the directory. The following entries will be added. I have also cleaned up some spelling errors, bad links, and a few other missteps.

Competitive Play | Matchmaking | Skill Rating

COMPETITIVE SEASON NEWS BLOGS

COMPETITIVE MODE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND RULE CHANGES

Quick Play | Arcade Game Modes | Training Modes

Seasonal Events | Special Promotions

DEVELOPER UPDATE VIDEOS

General Game Features

OTHER GAME FEATURE RESPONSES

DEVELOPER VIDEO UPDATES/PRESS RELEASES

Console Specific Game Features

Reporting | Account Actions | Community Behavior

AFK/LEAVING

Performance/Crashes Troubleshooting - PC

Lore

GENERAL LORE INFORMATION

Also note, with the release of the Overwatch Workshop, I will NOT be tracking specific Workshop related developer responses at this time. Those responses are not really intended for the purpose of the dev post directory as a general knowledge resource. Thanks for your understanding in that matter.

Hey WyomingMyst,

I think this might be a slightly misleading summary. Someone might read this to think they can leave providing they have never selected a hero.

If the ‘Assemble Heros’ phase ends and you have not picked then you will still be on the ‘hero selection screen’ but will no longer be in the grace period.

They must leave during the 45 second Assemble Heros phase that happens at the very beginning of a match.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have changed it.

1 Like

A new section is added to the starting post of this directory, I have begun listing questions that are about current promotions or active issues with Overwatch itself.

I can’t guarantee these questions will receive a response from Blizzard, but hopefully this will be helpful to both the community and to Blizzard for showing issues that I feel could use a response.

1 Like

New temporary update. An official response was provided by Dan Maas about the reason why Numbani was missing from the matchmaking rotation (albeit a little vague).

On a side note, with questions relating to map-specific questions starting to grow, I have updated that section to breakout responses regard a single specified map.

Callie, sorry for the direct quote but I figured it the fastest way to get your attention. I noticed with the latest forum update it is no longer possible to generate quote text for locked topics. I can manually type in the necessary code to work around this (albeit annoying) and still get the proper direct quote from a post in a locked thread, however I figured you should know unless this change was intended.

What I would like to know since this is a Dev post any information about the balancing issues in QuickPlay? Having bronze mixed in with diamonds , silver golds etc is not a balanced match.

1 Like

This has been responded to by the dev team:

Source: Overwatch Forums

I also recommend that you take a look at this very old post about Matchmaking to learn more about their philosophy behind it:

2 Likes

Sorry still find it unbalanced, that’s ok. I’m going back to Paladins where I do find that game much more balanced in all modes.

Does anyone know if the answer to the 2018 all star skin has been answered ?

PLEASE i just want that Demon Hunter Skin!! Please

Shhh we need the force of the developers to release the all star skins we will even play full price if that’s what it takes

1 Like

Whatttt the grey owl skin are actually real ? I thought they were myth until I googled them XD !

They exist. Last year players could cheer with bits to unlock Grey skins for Tracer, Hanzo, Mercy, Genji, Junkrat, Widowmaker, and D.Va. Players could get the 2018 All-Access Pass (no longer available) to get the grey skins for McCree, Soldier:76, and Moira. Outside of these promotions, no opportunity existed to collect the grey skins.