Overwatch Bans: August 2021 Update

That’s almost half the active competitive scene!

7 Likes

That’s less to do with them not caring about racism, and more to do with them not caring about consoles.

3 Likes

please blizzard dev, admins, powers that be or whatever you are go do a permanent mac address ban for all folks running smurf accounts…force them to purchase a whole new system if they wanna keep playing to grief other players who are trying to have a fun, fair match.

2 Likes

This made 20k “smurfs”.

Also, smurfs are often just cheaters. They look natural if you don’t know.

2 Likes

… you are a brave BRAVE person.

But thanks for the update.

4 Likes

can u guys stop the rigging while ur at it? no more patents just let us play
reset it all, ship us randomly, and let 1-off per-match merit decide who goes up

cheeres btw u guys r doing rlygudjob

That doesn’t really solve much, if anything, mac addresses can be spoofed and faked, much like IP/DNS, it would just be delaying the inevitable.

1 Like

Good but how many matches have been already ruined by those accounts?
Not to mention those accounts have already served their purpose anyway due to new accounts being used only for smurfing and then thrown away.

6 Likes

Keep in mind that cheats for Valorant still exist. Rootkit anticheat is intrusive, prone to causing stability issues for the underlying OS and/or other applications and still is not guarranteed to stop cheating. It’s not a good solution.

9 Likes

only took 5 years.
(20 characters)

ah god damn it, nevermind. I thought this post was about finally making a HWID bans or some other system that can track people who just buy a new 5 dollar account after every next ban wave, but seems this day will never come.
Nothing’s gonna change then.

4 Likes

I love how the numbers are so, specific.
24000, and 3. 18000 and 3.
Glad they are gone.

2 Likes

What in the world makes you think any system that relies on the client identifying itself accurately would even work?

A good portion of these hacks even included HWID spoofers.

There is no system that can ban individuals. Only accounts can be banned.

What about smurfs and handicapping matchmaking? Any comment?

6 Likes

18k cheaters. Oh man, this is sad. That number is way too big …

God knows how many times I played against a cheater and bashed on myself for being bad , meanwhile the other player was actually cheating…

And considering the upcoming AI driven cheats. We about to face the death of multiplayer PVP FPS games.

2 Likes

This is old news, yet if there’s a chance that a partial solution like hwid ban could take down at least 20-40% of most non-educated cheaters then why not use it? So far we did not see any sort of attempt to track such players at all, because blizzard prefers to sell 5 dollar accounts after every new ban wave, it is as clear as day light. Just look at these numbers. Some time ago they banned 10, 000 at once, now also 24, 000 and 18, 000. This is MINDBLOWING, and only a completely naive person can believe that blizzard is actually interested in closing its door for this part of player base. Just think about it, with the current state of game and queue times, which percent of player base is it? In proportion to actual active players it will surely be insane. And I am sure that a large company like blizzard can actually find proper solution to track down these people, everyone leave footprints in internet in this way or another. Shall it be hardware IDs, internet footprints, transaction details or whatever else - even if it will only work for 20-40% of those people it gonna still have huge impact on quality of game. But it is very clear that quality of the game is not in priority right now at all.

3 Likes

And this is why every time there’s a rumour about OW or OW2 going F2P I hope it’s untrue, the cheating/hacking problem becomes so much worse when there’s no barrier to entry, it’s painfully obvious whenever there’s a free weekend and suddenly out of nowhere 1 in 3 matches has a cheater in it.

As of right now Andy’s number of posts is also 3, which is 3 separate instances of 3, which is 4 separate instances of 3, which is 3 separate instances of 3, which is 4 <i pasted this like a million times, very cool and funny>

This is the first time I’ve seen a ban wave have such effect. I was aware you could detect cheats without a driver of your own, however I didn’t expect THIS. I could NOT find a cheater for a good hour, this was unbelievable. Hopefully this isn’t just a 1 time honeypot or something to that effect
and you guys can keep it up, even Kephrii was happy with the results- I’m sure you know how significant that is lol.

1 Like

Im sure the game would have been fine if you let 3 people go so it could be a perfect number

1 Like

Gonna bring up something important. I’ve sent some info to hacks@blizzard.net that I don’t realistically see blizzard being aware of, I’m talking about over 1000 compromised accounts. That’s all I’m putting here for obvious reasons. I don’t expect anyone to contact me in regards to this, but if needed you can see my email on this acc lol.

So you think streamers made all those reports? Gtfo of here lol

1 Like