Overwatch Bans: August 2021 Update

And how many racists, sexists, homophobes or throwers have you banned on console in this time?

Or do you only care about what streamers report?

32 Likes

Good. The less cheaters infecting the game the better.

3 Likes

You don’t do ban waves for that, you just immediately ban them.

9 Likes

Sadly this will do nothing. Unless you go full scorched earth with a root-kit like Valorant did, the cheating problem in Overwatch isn’t going to change.

I beg you to prove me wrong.

7 Likes

YOU would, Blizzard don’t.

I haven’t had a ban report on PS4 in 3 years and everyone has said the same, hence my question.

3 Likes

And majority of those people already began a new account.

Sad, but true :sob:

3 Likes

A very oddly specific number there

10 Likes

A majority of the accounts banned today used a driver as part of their cheat. While I do understand where you’re coming from, having a driver of our own is not necessarily the only way we can detect cheats.

12 Likes

…and how does this make playing the game better?

Thanks for the update!!

2 Likes

Yes ban cheaters but not throws nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

any particular reason both numbers are 003 or just coincidence? just curious

1 Like

Its probs just a coincidence,

Excellent. Now do smurfs.

7 Likes

because now you’re that much less likely to get a cheater in your game?

1 Like

Completely coincidental, but feel free to let your imagination run wild.

12 Likes

Fresh Accounts aka Smurfs/Griefers (derankers, and try hards), Hard Throwers, OneTrick Alt Accounts “Insert Name Only” character, and other new accounts that don’t care to win in comp or play in a low rank to have “less stressful games”: Fair you say?? HahA!!

7 Likes

That’s almost half the active competitive scene!

7 Likes

That’s less to do with them not caring about racism, and more to do with them not caring about consoles.

3 Likes

please blizzard dev, admins, powers that be or whatever you are go do a permanent mac address ban for all folks running smurf accounts…force them to purchase a whole new system if they wanna keep playing to grief other players who are trying to have a fun, fair match.

2 Likes