Overwatch Bans: August 2021 Update

You don’t do ban waves for that, you just immediately ban them.

9 Likes

Sadly this will do nothing. Unless you go full scorched earth with a root-kit like Valorant did, the cheating problem in Overwatch isn’t going to change.

I beg you to prove me wrong.

7 Likes

YOU would, Blizzard don’t.

I haven’t had a ban report on PS4 in 3 years and everyone has said the same, hence my question.

3 Likes

And majority of those people already began a new account.

Sad, but true :sob:

3 Likes

A very oddly specific number there

10 Likes

A majority of the accounts banned today used a driver as part of their cheat. While I do understand where you’re coming from, having a driver of our own is not necessarily the only way we can detect cheats.

12 Likes

…and how does this make playing the game better?

Thanks for the update!!

2 Likes

Yes ban cheaters but not throws nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

any particular reason both numbers are 003 or just coincidence? just curious

1 Like

Its probs just a coincidence,

Excellent. Now do smurfs.

7 Likes

because now you’re that much less likely to get a cheater in your game?

1 Like

Completely coincidental, but feel free to let your imagination run wild.

12 Likes

Fresh Accounts aka Smurfs/Griefers (derankers, and try hards), Hard Throwers, OneTrick Alt Accounts “Insert Name Only” character, and other new accounts that don’t care to win in comp or play in a low rank to have “less stressful games”: Fair you say?? HahA!!

7 Likes

That’s almost half the active competitive scene!

7 Likes

That’s less to do with them not caring about racism, and more to do with them not caring about consoles.

3 Likes

please blizzard dev, admins, powers that be or whatever you are go do a permanent mac address ban for all folks running smurf accounts…force them to purchase a whole new system if they wanna keep playing to grief other players who are trying to have a fun, fair match.

2 Likes

This made 20k “smurfs”.

Also, smurfs are often just cheaters. They look natural if you don’t know.

2 Likes

… you are a brave BRAVE person.

But thanks for the update.

4 Likes