Overwatch Anniversary 2022 is a mess, and here is why

This is exactly what they should have done, but just chose not to. Why? I don’t know. Maybe nobody thought of it? They’re just that busy with crunch time for beta that the idea just didn’t occur to anyone. Unfortunate really.

Then why do you limit from people who didn’t have the “original”? Why do you split the playerbase just because you want to get a cookie for playing longer?

I didn’t say gatekeeping, just put the remixed alongside with the original skins as a challenge. That way people who already got the originals are now gonna earn only the remixed skins on completion, while people that do not have will earn 2 skins. It will reward people who already participated in the original runs something instead of nothing.

1 Like

You’re reaching with this argument. There’s a big difference between complaining about real-life issues and recreational activities. Your physical and financial health actually affect you, the health of a video game does not.

There’s a few too many people out there that make a big fuss over media franchises, their priorities really should be looked at. Basing your entire life or personality around something outside your control isn’t healthy, nothing stays good or lasts forever, what will these people be without it?

That’s the part I don’t like. I don’t think most of them look good in white…

1 Like

You can care about irl stuff and video game things? Op is hardly ‘crying’ anyway, no more than everyone else complaining about everything else on this forum. If you don’t care about their complaints, fine, but people are allowed to care about a video game they like and criticize the decisions made about it. That’s what the forums here for.

I would rather people complain about the lack of content and the dumb way blizz handled the remix event than just stay quiet and pretend like everything is perfect.

1 Like

Get ready for the next 2 events to give us 6 more white recolors each :grin:

:clown_face: :poop: effort really.

2 Likes

Did you pay 40€ for a skin you believed would be EXCLUSIVE and obtainable only ONCE? Because when I got the Sombra skin, I was happy for owning something exclusive and limited, but then a year later Blizzard just decides to give it to everyone for FREE.
And do you seriously think it is fair to the people who completed the challenges back in the day to get absolutely nothing? That’s like giving gold medal to the first 2 who reach the finish line.

As I said in the beginning of my post, I was talking in behalf of my friends as well.

This. It feels like nowadays people stay quiet about the wrong things. The devs NEED feedback when they’re doing something wrong. Just look at No Man’s Sky. If everyone stayed quiet and pretended it was perfect, would it have become the game it is today?

when i first saw the word “remix” i daydreamed about artists taking parts of skins to make something inspired but fresh…

like taking the headgear from one skin and placing it on another set. wish there was a mage mercy that used the combat medic hair mesh, an upsized witch hat, and a dress taking elements from her witch and atlantic skin.

how different the remixed skin looks depends on the artist’s vision, maybe it would just be a base legendary palette swap with extra steps, but even that would be soooo much better than what we got

They did, and so far are delivering. 6 Legendaries in one event, but there’s three of those events? 18 Legendaary skins alone just from Remix volume 1 to 3. That’s not counting Overwatch League skins, or possible micro-event skins.

Idk why but no one reads Andy’s response that the “Remix skins are not the skins they meant in the first announcement”. We will get more skins than ever this year, but not in OW1…

I have considered it. I have a whole thread about it.

Ah nice! I didn’t saw this thread. I’m still the opinion that we will probably see more “remix” skins in OW2 in a Battle Pass as a reward (if really a Battle Pass is coming).

It’s okay! There’s a lot of threads, and mine got barely any visibility.

I fully expect us to get a dozen Legendaries tied to OW2 launch, not the Remix events.
I think that the Remix events will tie us over until OW2 launches this Fall.

Yeah! This is what will happen. I kinda think that the new legendary skins in OW2 could be bound to a shop + battle pass tbh. Battle net got recently an update which integrated the “show in game currency history”.

Correction:
There answer was something like “This is a cool idea, but the items are designed in a way that they are not intended to be colored. However, we might consider it for the future”.

We got artifacts with different colors and we could switch the color of the sabertron mount. It is somewhat comparable and maybe we will have an option in the future.

We also have gender changes at the barber and we will get cross-faction dungeons.
There is still a chance.

But I think it’s unlikely because I imagine some players will use it for political “statements” or whatever…

Yep, prolonged anniversary event where you can buy and get all legendaries and some epics from past seasonal events and the return of epic challenge skins.

A last grab before OW2 comes. No new skins because they focus on OW2 - as they have said.
Recolors of the most popular skins… as a way to look back onto the good old times.

This will be the year with the most legendary skins.

The signs are all there… for OW2. Idk why some don’t see it. :neutral_face:

Are they really delivering if we already had 15 legendaries by this point in 2017 (23 if we include epic skins) but at the same point this year, we only have 8 legendaries (11 if including epics.)

2017 ended the year of with a total of 56 skins, give to take as I may be incorrect on the epic skins.

Even then, wouldn’t it also have to be more than 2016 if we’re including skins that also came from release?

If we assume all 21 base game hero’s got 4 legendary skins upon release, which I assume they did, it would come to a total of 84 legendary skins. Just legendary skins. That’s not including the other rarities of skins that also released.

If we add the event skins from 2016 onto that year, we have a total of 120 skins (again not including base game skins below legendary so the true total could be much more.)

But if we’re only going by legendaries, they’d have to create more than 99 legendary skins this year.

Correct me if I’m wrong please.

I see this argument often…
And while I agree you should at least get a gold or loot box, I just wonder…
Is not that the same thing as when I get challange skin for doomfist, widow, Zen - whatever hero I will never touch in game? It´s basicly also just some pixels, that are nothing to me, as I never play those heroes…
And this goes for everyone each event. I doubt that every skin challange is beneficioa for everyone.

I personaly took it as we will not get a new hero/map/whatever for the time, until Ow2 is released. I would not expect them to TAKE AWAY the last thing we get each event/year. First they give us less skins on “new year” event with promise, that “this year is the year we will get more skins than ever before” to get our dissapointed hopes up…and than we get this? And also 3k for skins I would make during one coffee break on my own?
It´s normal to at least count with the small amount of stuff we were used to get during events - despite lack of other content and not take also that away from us completely.
Maybe it´s time for them to finaly reach to their fanbase and make some deals with people, who created TONES of skin concepts and let them to help and contribute.