Overwatch 2 stuck at "Playing Now"

I’ve tried downloading and playing Overwatch 2 on two separate computers now with no success (only able to play on Xbox One so far). Each time I’m running into the same issue where I will hit the launch button, it changes to a “Playing Now” button but does not attempt to launch the game or at least from what I can see. I’m just stuck at the battle net page.

2 Likes

I to am having the same issue. I ran the check and repair files and that brought it up but did not fix it. When I went to go back and play it did the same thing again.

1 Like

Same thing was happening for me, and the game wouldn’t open no matter what. I tried the scanning/repair option, I deleted the battle.net folder to force a reset on the update agent, I set the overwatcg.exe to run as admin, and set the overwatch.exe process in task manager to High Priority. After all that it still didn’t run.

I then added the Overwatch install folder to my antivirus’ whitelist, and I thought it didn’t work, but after about 2 minutes after I pressed play, it eventually opened.

I have no idea what Blizzard updated to make the game so hard to open though. Whatever they did, they need to undo it.

Same issue. I tried everything above and don’t run 3rd party anti-virus…

Thanks so much for the reply! The only thing I haven’t also tried was to add the Overwatch install folder to my antivirus whitelist (I’m not the most tech savvy so it’s a struggle for me) but I’m going to try that tonight and see if I have any success. Hopefully posting an update to being able to actually play on PC soon :innocent:

need help. same thing happen to me~

Im having the same issue, what should i do so that i can finally open the game? I hope they fix the problem soon…

yeah i havent even been able to open the game for at least a few days now… i press play on battle.net app, and it goes to a black screen as if its about to launch… then it closes back to windows and nothing happens. it worked fine about a week or 2 ago.

Kinda the same thing happening to me, I would launch the game it would launch to a black screen for 3 seconds before crashing and closing the game. I have tried everything possible. All my drivers are up to date, reinstalled the game, and even the scan and repair says there’s nothing wrong.

1 Like

i had the same problem. tried everything above and i was about to uninstall so i tried one more thing . locate the overwatch folder on your pc. then go to the retail folder , there is an OVERWATCH icon there (application type) double press on that . enjoy ( at least it worked for me )

1 Like

I just wanted to post something because we need to keep this freaking thread alive if we want an actual fix for this from Blizzard. It is SO frustrating.

I did some digging and this thread here helped me a little bit for us PC gamers.
(Note: I did methods 1 & 2)
" Fix Antimalware Service Executable High CPU Usage on Windows (2022 Guide)" BY NORBERT WEBB, FEBRUARY 1, 2021

It is basically how to get your antimalware to stop working as hard so Blizzard can run OW2 but it is ridiculous that we have to go to these lengths just to get the game to load. It has ever been since the launch of OW2. However if you guys do get stuck you can run your task manager and find the Overwatch Application to end the task and at least try troubleshooting it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.