Overwatch 2 - still no news?

Still no news? Its more than half a year now since Blizzcon. Why don’t we get some more informations about the sequel?

38 Likes

:man_shrugging:

I agree

4 Likes

Because they’re not ready to share more information

9 Likes

I mean I love OW but since we know there wont be new heroes nor maps till part 2 comes out it feels a little stale, especially as tank main who I am.

5 Likes

First of all, the community should stop doing topics like that. STOP rushing them! Otherwise, we will end up with a game state (even though I liked it) similar to Warcraft 3 Reforged and you will whine and wonder that since the game was not ready why they released it. They will share information when they are ready. Believe it or not, posts like these are “rushing” the Blizzard just as happened with Wc3.

Secondly, the Blizzard postponed the Shadowlands mini-announcement event (9 June) cause of the events of Black Lives Matter. Do you think that they will announce anything new about the OW2? :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

In March, Renauld Galand (lead character artist) stated that we would see overwatch 2 hero skins "very very soon"

Nearly 3 months on and no announcements, surely they are ready to show us at least a few by now ?

Correction: Renauld Galand was not referring to OW2 skins when he said very very soon but he did confirm that quite a few redesigns have already been finished.

11 Likes

sadly no i think im keep watching these boring IGN stream just for chance of getting new news/info for OW2

It’s not unusual for a company to announce a game a year or more before release. I had expected more news at Blizzcon, hopefully the current world situation won’t delay its release too much. Personally, I think they released Echo too early; it’s just going to be a bigger gap with no content before OW2’s release.

Just feel like losing my interest as I feel Blizz losing their connection to the community more and more (see HotS, Heartstone/HongKong, Immortal, Reforged…)

7 Likes

yeah i heard they still want to release this game

At least tgere were no news since 2(?) years on that?

1 Like

I’d rather wait and see a lot of progress to get me hyped. If they try to rush it because “it’s been 6 months,” we’ll only get disappointed.

Remember that game development takes a lot of time. 6 months is a long time to us, but 6 months isn’t very long in a game’s development.

1 Like

Soon for blizzard can mean a lot of time. I think there was some statement about comics being made again soon, around the first archives with no comics, to this day, they dont make those, just decided to do other stuff.
Maybe they consider what skins could be used as OW2 skins, and what add to lootboxes/events

They said they would be go dark on ow 2 until blizzcon 2020… because nobody believed a world wide virus would slow the economy down…

They announced blizzcon got cancelled and that’s it… they didn’t mention what happens to the games or anything

1 Like

Well they should as long as they should want to sell games.
Ow1 is completely abandon and it could be nice for people to see some interest, at least on Ow2.

So you don’t mind we don’t know anything about Ow2 and they don’t work on ow1.
Are you ok with 1 hero and 1 map in 1 year and a half?
Are you ok with ow events being the same ( except archives of last year, not this one) for more than 2 years?
Are you ok having no content, at all, until Ow2 release?

2 Likes

Exactly, better good than quick.

Also, grow up people.

3 Likes

We know a LOT about OW2. We know it will be focused on PvE content, with an ability tree for each heroes, that it will come with a new PvP gamemode, Push, of which we already know one map, Toronto. We know other maps will come with it, as well as several new heroes. We know the game engine will be updated when it comes out, that most heroes will receive a new look, and that owners of OW 1 will have access to the PVP part of OW2 free of charge. We have gameplay of an early mission, infos on some of the mechanics (pick-up items on the field), and examples of how the ability tree will affect heroes ability.

So yeah, wouldn’t call that “knowing anything”. What would be the point of knowing details now? Won’t make it come out any faster. I’d rather have details revealed closer to it coming out, to keep things fresh. Also, as stated, we’re getting all the PVP part for free, so they are, de facto, working on OW 1. That and the frequent patches we’ve been getting as of late.

Actually, yeah? Kinda allow them to address some of the other issues with the game. Plus, releasing maps and heroes now, when they are probably tuned for the new engine would be a bad idea.

Man, if only they addressed that! Like, I dunno, by overhauling their engine for better PVE content. Wouldn’t that be crazy?

Patches are content, skins are content. And even if you don’t think so, I much rather wait and have a bunch of higher quality content, rather than a steady stream of 2016 content.
Because, for all intents and purpose, Overwatch is a 2016 game, and it shows. Upgrading it is needed for it stay relevant.

9 Likes

Ok I did the little search and I think you misunderstood the transcription or it’s unclear. The dev talked a bit about OW2 skins and said some skins (ie, not necessarily OW2 related) would be showcased soon
I remember very well that part (and as a french native speaker, I remember most of the things that were said because they discussed a lot about all their subject) but the dev was talking about skins in general and Echo skins in particular, which were showcased 1 or 2 weeks later.

About OW2 skins, I just re watched that part of the interview and he said that “Sombra is done and is awesome, Torb is done, we’re on Widowmaker currently, we haven’t advanced much on Moira and we haven’t started Ana” (answering a question)
No announcement of OW2 skins being showcased soon.

1 Like

And it will be probably a success. People were mad because they wanted DIablo PC news but now that it’s here, doing a mobile game while waiting for new milestone will attract many players despite the internet ranting.