Overwatch 2 Reveal Event Recap

nearly 3 years after Baptiste :sob: sucks tbh

1 Like

Eh, then we’ll just have to wait then.

The announcement didn’t really seem to clarify if PvE would have P2W elements, which was the primary concern. The fact that they avoided talking about it at all other than saying that it’s next year is still concerning.

Is the battle pass cosmetics only? When PvE is released, will paying involve faster or additional drops of whatever it is power related you’ll be getting in PvE? Why are they afraid to address this directly?

3 Likes

massive waste of time. nothing new other than ‘a commitment to consistent updates’. why do i feel like ive heard that before? oh right, that was the plan for the live game too.
what a joke

4 Likes

The show was great to watch but the plans for the launch are not.

No wonder why the game is going free.

2 Likes

-Will Mythic Skins be obtainable as a final reward through the battlepass, or will they be separate purchases?
-Where are the official announcements for the several new revamped overwatch skins for Orisa, Symmetra, D.Va, Ana, etc. ?
-Where is the information on how to sign up for the beta? There was 0 details on how to join on both social media, and this official website.
-Will there still be seasonal events like Archives, Lunar New Year, or Winter Wonderland?

I had no expectations and I’m still disappointed.jpeg

5 Likes

do y’ll have joy letting overwatch’s community down?

4 Likes

So do we have to pay for heroes now or is it just a bp and skins?

1 Like

Only one new support by the end of 2022 is very disappointing.

7 Likes

A lot of people seem upset but tbh it looks pretty good imo

2 Likes

Also, the summary doesn’t mention if we’ll still be getting gold and be able to buy anything from the shop for gold, or if the shop is real money only. I guess the removal of loot boxes means we’ll have no gold income since you didn’t announce a new way to get it. If the shop is real money only, what happens to our existing gold when OW2 is released? Should we just spend it all now if there’s anything we don’t already have?

2 Likes

I mean outside of these forums the actual people watching were spamming W on every stream for most of the stream. This is one of those “forum bubble” moments.

1 Like

Ah yes, 1 support every 3 years. How invigorating :saluting_face:

ANYWAYS, can’t wait for every gaymer and egirl to instalock the new uwu fox support hero on October 4th.

3 Likes

I thought they said they’d actually share beta signup details this time

Eh, stream chats are weird: they tend to be hiveminds that spam the same comments that change every 10 minutes; not really meaningful discussion, for the most part.

Sure, the same could be said about the Forums, but I have found some interesting topics and discussions on here (amongst the masses, though).

Like yall do realize we’re short like 7 new heroes if Blizzard had just regularly updated their game, right? These new heroes better be coming in FAST if they want to make up for lost time.

1 Like

Our expectations for you were low but holy-

2 Likes

The forums are always going to be more negative than the general population though. It is a universal thing. I have never in any game community seen a forum community that is less negative than the broader community.

They said the hero after would be support so 2 new supports with one being at launch October 4th