Overwatch 2 rerank bug

hello blizzard?? can you actually make an effort to address anything?
Talking to a brick wall… NO care, NO thought, NO help. Just do what you think is best regardless of what players want. its actually criminal, f u

6 Likes

I’m winning most of the games because I don’t belong in this elo. Support ana playing in gold when all my previous seasons I was high diamond. I have more kills than the enemy dps, more healing than their supports and a high accuracy scoped + lots of sleeps. I am winning on a streak and no I can’t leave the gold ranked.

1 Like

I was originally ranked plat 4. I did my 5 placement games and when I saw my new rank it said I went from gold 5 to gold 2. Not from plat 4 to whatever new rank.

3 Likes

it happened to me twice so far in the past week, suddenly im demoted 5 ranks after the 5th won game (5 win 4 losses) and its insanely frustrating to almost start over again

3 Likes

I also just had this happen to me. I was Plat 3 and then it moved me to Gold 3 instead of ranking me up. I only lost 1 or 2 between rankings, there is no one I went down 5 levels.

2 Likes

youre not alone, theres a bunch of people complaining about the same thing at the end of this guy’s thread, go let him know about the issue in the comments, hopefully blizzard takes action

Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs

2 Likes

Me too, I was plat 3 and when I had my 5 wins it changed to gold 3 and then ranked up to gold 2

2 Likes

Was ranked Silver 2 tank. I won my 5 games only to see that I was “ranking up” from Bronze 2 to Bronze 1… :frowning:

I think I am done with this game until there is confirmation that Blizzard has fixed this bug. I’m incredibly demoralized by this…

2 Likes

Same !

Tryhard in plat 2

new rank Gold 3 to gold 1???

Bliz pls fix it !

3 Likes

this exact same thing has happened to me today. Same ranks and everything. It’s so frustrating.

2 Likes

I have the same thing happen to me on console. Was supposed to rank up from Gold 2 three times now. Can’t even work on playing with my higher rank friends :confused: Blizzard please fix this bug soon!

2 Likes

Did this ever get resolved for you? It just happened to me for the first time and I’m almost discouraged to try again

3 Likes

jes so this god dam thing has happened for several months already??? I met this bug few days ago, it was like my rank got refreshed every new day. My season high is gold 4 so in my case is after wins it showed bronze 5 ranked up to bronze 1. No matter how I promot my rank later, it just back to bronze 5 on next day. I think there is something wrong with the rank reset system during the current season instead of the beginning of new season. But seems like blizzard did not notice this bug yet lol

4 Likes

I have the same problem since the beginning of Season 3 (Xbox Series S) and I see that this problem exists since at least two months … The game removes a rank after my 5 wins: I go platinum 5, then the next ranking, I go from GOLD 5 to gold 3 … The game really takes one rank away from me for free and it’s the second time it does it to me!
A friend has the same problem, but it’s worse because he can’t move from silver/bronze ranks !
Please fix this bug Blizzard

2 Likes

I have the same probleme to.

2 Likes

I had the same thing. I queued up for tank with silver 4. then at the new ranking screen it told me I was bronze 4 to bronze 1.

2 Likes

Lo mismo, antes de empezar la partida era platino 3, la gano y como hice las 5 victorias pone que paso de oro 3 a oro 1, cuando deberia ser platino. No esta el matchmaking como para que encima que gano me bajen rango por la cara

2 Likes

i’ve got the same problem with rank system FIX THIS

6 Likes

I also got this bug today.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem twice already in Season 3.
I was Gold 5, then when I got my rank update, the screen flashed Silver 5, and showed the final Silver 2 rank.

3 Likes