Overwatch 2 rerank bug

This has been a issue for me since launch, I am unable to get out of Plat because of it. Every time I rank up to Plat the next set up rank ups automatically shows me back down to Gold 5 and puts me at Gold 2.

1 Like

Sorry but no it isn’t just a visual bug. I can go 7 wins and 0 losses and it will still demote. It is a bug plain and simple.

1 Like

Everyone always says they go 7-0 but yet no proof as been shown, what is most likely the case is you won 7 but lost some too, and your performance did not improve so you either stayed the same or demoted, anytime I demoted it was that “bug” that you are talking about but it was just a visual bug that showed a promotion when it should of been a demotion

1 Like

Happened to me today too with my rank, I have proof on my stream

2 Likes

Game Report History stats are incorrect. Please view my gameplay replays and then view my Game Report stats. This may be the reason why even when winning majority of competitive matches with high stats I am being de ranked. For instance I had 20+ Elims and 1 death in a comp match and the report history is saying 0 0 0

1 Like

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Happen to me too. Was Diamond 4 then I play another 5 wins and get reranked!!! from plat 4 to plat 2 what about my diamond 4???

3 Likes

Do any Blizzard staff actually read anything???

4 Likes

hello blizzard?? can you actually make an effort to address anything?
Talking to a brick wall… NO care, NO thought, NO help. Just do what you think is best regardless of what players want. its actually criminal, f u

6 Likes

I’m winning most of the games because I don’t belong in this elo. Support ana playing in gold when all my previous seasons I was high diamond. I have more kills than the enemy dps, more healing than their supports and a high accuracy scoped + lots of sleeps. I am winning on a streak and no I can’t leave the gold ranked.

1 Like

I was originally ranked plat 4. I did my 5 placement games and when I saw my new rank it said I went from gold 5 to gold 2. Not from plat 4 to whatever new rank.

3 Likes

it happened to me twice so far in the past week, suddenly im demoted 5 ranks after the 5th won game (5 win 4 losses) and its insanely frustrating to almost start over again

3 Likes

I also just had this happen to me. I was Plat 3 and then it moved me to Gold 3 instead of ranking me up. I only lost 1 or 2 between rankings, there is no one I went down 5 levels.

2 Likes

youre not alone, theres a bunch of people complaining about the same thing at the end of this guy’s thread, go let him know about the issue in the comments, hopefully blizzard takes action

Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs

2 Likes

Me too, I was plat 3 and when I had my 5 wins it changed to gold 3 and then ranked up to gold 2

2 Likes

Was ranked Silver 2 tank. I won my 5 games only to see that I was “ranking up” from Bronze 2 to Bronze 1… :frowning:

I think I am done with this game until there is confirmation that Blizzard has fixed this bug. I’m incredibly demoralized by this…

2 Likes

Same !

Tryhard in plat 2

new rank Gold 3 to gold 1???

Bliz pls fix it !

3 Likes

this exact same thing has happened to me today. Same ranks and everything. It’s so frustrating.

2 Likes

I have the same thing happen to me on console. Was supposed to rank up from Gold 2 three times now. Can’t even work on playing with my higher rank friends :confused: Blizzard please fix this bug soon!

2 Likes

Did this ever get resolved for you? It just happened to me for the first time and I’m almost discouraged to try again

3 Likes