Overwatch 2 Ready Check: Prepare for Launch!

you didnt pay for multiple overwatch 2 accounts. you paid for multiple overwatch one accounts. sorry bud but u have zero legs to stand on.

1 Like

Nice I cant wait to play it.

1 Like

yeah yeah yeah, dont remind me. Iā€™m PACKING my bags up to leave, since you wont accept my cell carrier, whatever. I have other good titles to recommend players to look at that are NOT locked behind mobile walls.

Phasmophobia.
Hunt: Showdown.
Minecraft.
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2.
Payday 2

Have fun in the narrow population of the VIP Club. :moneybag:

2 Likes

phone verification is gonna cut down so much on smurfs and hackers. idk why people hate it so much.

3 Likes

So, I donā€™t have a smart phone. I only have a VOIP phoneā€¦is there no way for people like me to play?

7 Likes

Hackers and smurffs no. The same way Call Scammers can spoof stuff. Anyone with a concrete account that they use for collecting, gets hosed over.

If you read through Blizzardā€™s stuff. If your phone is not on a list of carrier they support. You are not allowed to play the game either. This includes prepaid plans (if they figure it out) and many other carriers.

People think this is a magic solve-all problem. But the rumor mill on the interweb says they took big pay-outs from specific companies to force players to certain services in order to play Overwatch, because they THINK we are going to cave in since we supposedly love overwatch so much.

The other factor is they are doing this (speculation) for the sake of Selling us junk on their mobile advertising program and that it is really done for the sake of generating SMS ad revenue for making up ā€œfreeā€. As you know. NOTHING is FREE. SO they have to get that money somewhere, and that is going to be their SPAM bots selling us adware. Instead of selling a subscription or content.

3 Likes

They literally do not care about your experience, thoughts or issues.

All they do care about is to sell battlepasses and skins, since many people are addicted to this game or play it because of lack of competition or because after 6y it became a habit they know enough people will give them money. Other things are not important. They just think about milking you and not what a loyal and fair player you have been.

6 Likes

LOL at people looking to take Legal Action, everybody looking for that quick buck huh.

2 Likes

Blizzard really just went ā€œDonā€™t you guys have phones?ā€ againā€¦

10 Likes

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong butā€¦

:business_suit_levitating:Lawyers :judge:

ALWAYS pad these sort of press releases with explicit ā€œWE WONā€™T DO THISā€ notices and attachments in order to minimize any potential corporate liability down the road.

Soā€¦ I canā€™t help but notice that this announcement DID NOT come with any mention of an explicit privacy policy or consumer data usage informational update.

Nor did any of the related announcements.

:exclamation: This is a huge red flag. :exclamation:

I want to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, butā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Why should we believe you arenā€™t going to take the bulk SMS number carrier database and sell it to a spam call centers? :money_mouth_face:

I already get >5 robo/spam calls PER DAY. :weary:

3 Likes

something something do you not have phones?

4 Likes

This whole phone number requirement is nonsense, but to restrict prepaid customers on top of that, just seems even more by ridiculous. Iā€™ve been using Straight Talk for 12 years or more now, I would be extremely annoyed if I couldnā€™t play just because of this stupid rule. Just let me pay for the damn game, and forget about all this BS.

Anyway I can confirm Straight Talk DOES work with this system, Iā€™ve added my number successfully, for those who might also be on Straight Talk. Small disclaimer, I recently switched from Straight Talks AT&T SIM, to Straight Talks Verizon SIM. So I canā€™t vouch for anyone on Straight Talks AT&T SIM. If Iā€™d known, I would of tested adding my number, before switching over.

6 Likes
  • They crash anyway

:slight_smile:

this is so stupid. having a sms protection then needing a code for itā€¦ its so stupid and then taking our money with selling that watch point pack :confused: you guys are scamming and gonna loose old players. sms verification doesnā€™t mean anything its better if you did it with email because people who are on contract are due to the fact that some phone providers can cancel subscription and you will have to get a new phone numbers and with old ones thats are linked already cant play on thier account. very stupid blizzard ur gonna kill of ur game

2 Likes

Blizzard have my number since forever and I have NEVER EVER received spam/spam calls onto my phoneā€¦ So ye, they couldnā€™t allow that to happen, they couldnā€™t afford it to happen, I mean seriously use your brainā€¦ Iā€™m very skeptical when it comes to such things, but your claims are just nonsense! And if you already have that great a number of calls PER DAY, then donā€™t blame blizzard, blame yourself -.-

The only real thing thatā€™s garbage with this system is that kids will have to have a phone to play and this I canā€™t stand at all. It would be cool if the parents would just not allow them to play games in the first place because it raises questionable brainless characters into our world, but the problem is that the parents are going to buy their children phones, thatā€™s a bit yaā€¦

But I seriously love that toxic people and cheaters cannot just buy a new game and problemā€™s solvedā€¦ Itā€™s kind of a requirement if you go make a free game out of it because this will attract the most toxicity. I mean I donā€™t wanna end up with a braindeadly toxic community like counterstrike, valorant and such. So I welcome this!! Away with the anonymity so everyone canā€™t just give a damn if he values playing this game.

Overwatch 2 <3 CANā€™T WAIT FOR YOU :hear_no_evil: :melting_face: :star_struck:

I canā€™t waitšŸ˜
Hope i can take a leave from workšŸ˜‚

1 Like

The thing Im probably most excited for is probably Kiriko. Everyone will be able to try her no matter what. Everyone that logs in during Seasons 1 or 2 get Sojourn and Junker Queen.

It is possible to get all three upon opening the game as early as October 4th (for most people)

They are shutting down OW1 and making it F2P with OW2, but I feel like they may allow custom games to still have 6v6. (Not sure that they will and make it 5v5 in customs too)

Oh, so they should have just said ā€œYouā€™re too poor to have Verizon/AT&T, that means weā€™re going to delete your account bc you wonā€™t switch to a bigger providerā€ or maybe ā€œYou live in the middle of nowhere and this prepaid plan is your only way to connect to the internet, too bad, YOINKā€ Are you gonna pay for my new Verizon Plan that I just HAVE to get to play with entitled pricks? Attach a unique number to this d and gtfo, peasants only.

14 Likes

6v6 in custom games after the balance changes; I donā€™t think so.