Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 1 Developer Blog

Oh yeah for sure, but you never know, maybe it will be next one, maybe it will be the last one

Longer term, we believe the most effective way to tackle this issue is to add exciting new support heroes to the game, and that is part of our plans. In the near term, our hero design team is also experimenting with significant, but shorter lead time, ideas including new and refreshed abilities for some existing support heroes. These types of ideas could be deployed later this first Beta test but more likely would be in our next test.

14 Likes

you are right, I just wouldn’t be holding my hopes for consoles will ever get a closed beta like pc
Xbox and sony don’t like having to replace consoles or get angry customers because of developer’s mistake

I’m sorry for bringing negativity in here. But it does sound like a new support hero is unlikely next beta, that is pretty concerning.

7 Likes

I would be dissapointed but I’ll take a tank over the 3rd DPS in a row.

6 Likes

We have heard clearly that support players feel both tanks and damage players have more new content to enjoy and explore in this Beta. Longer term, we believe the most effective way to tackle this issue is to add exciting new support heroes to the game, and that is part of our plans. In the near term, our hero design team is also experimenting with significant, but shorter lead time, ideas including new and refreshed abilities for some existing support heroes. These types of ideas could be deployed later this first Beta test but more likely would be in our next test.

Yes :star_struck: ! This is the kind of communication we like to see!

10 Likes

Yeah I don’t see a closed beta happening. I don’t really understand why the beta is closed anyway

What makes you say that? The next beta is pretty far away from now, I believe this post is simply talking about things they can do now as what they can do in the next is still subject to change.

1 Like

to create hype, to help manage expectations. Loads of reasons, but its also because closed betas are a closed enviroment and usually comes with the expectation that any bugs will be fixed in the final game

1 Like

Question. Will people who had acess to the first beta phase also have acess to later ones? Or will acess be reset and re-draft for each phase?

7 Likes

I know it’s hard to see positive feedback when all you want to see is negative feedback, but it’s there! :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Ah ok that makes more sense

it may just be an old idea for thigns like testing
but they are still hype machines

Exactly 9k posts! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

but shorter lead time, ideas including new and refreshed abilities for some existing support heroes. These types of ideas could be deployed later this first Beta test but more likely would be in our next test.

next beta is referred to as “shorter lead time” while the timeline for new heroes is refereed to as “Longer term” :

Longer term, we believe the most effective way to tackle this issue is to add exciting new support heroes to the game

2 Likes

The quote was in regard to 5v5.

O rly? Lets see how long it will take to have to tank and support queues drop down again.

6 Likes

Thank you for the valuable update. The one thing I worry about is you guys caving to the complaints of players who aren’t looking to improve the game, and only have their own self interest in mind. In the past this has lead to some bad choices, the very worst being the implementation of private profiles after a month of the forums and reddit being filled with posts about people complaining about teammates in ranked wanting them to play their main.

1 Like

To me that reads like future heroes, as in the ones they haven’t already made. Let’s say they have 2 supports ready to add to the game, it’s like saying, yeah that’s not enough and we will focus on making more.

Yes? People here have been positive towards that as well. I know I am one of them. And I have seen other support players who enjoy it as well.

4 Likes

Well yes. This means either it’s a tank up next or the context was that multiple Support heroes are not in the next build, which allows 1 to be, and 1 is not enough so changes should be made to existing Support heroes in the short term.

Great to see that the concern of the supports is acknowledged as well as the 5v5 mode very well accepted and liked. Very good communication and explanation why things are like they are. I will see forward to the patch this week (wow!) and await the new support changes later this or next beta!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :+1:

5 Likes