Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 1 Developer Blog

…they… they’ll never learn…

FeelsBadMan

They are learning if you read the post of them completely.

2 Likes

They’re gonna be adding new support heroes, which is one of the main things people want, including me :grinning:

4 Likes

AND reworking/ giving new abilities to the old ones. Thats all we wanted :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

They are also addressing the lack of support players interested in the beta by adding open queue to the beta so people can go there instead of waiting.

Well, hope that helps, but have a feeling it’s going to cause a whole new set of complaints.

2 Likes

Wow good to hear. Lots of work still to be done

Most people on here seem to forget that this is the first week of the first BETA. I do not know how some people mix up the terms beta and full game release, but it seems like a majority of the community has. A beta is to test all these features and make sure everything is in great condition for when the full game releases, hence why everything is not perfect.

It’s okay to give feedback, but complaining about a beta that is still in it’s first week is just stupid. We all knew these changes were coming and that there is more to come, so just be patient and wait and see what they have in store.

The next new heroes are going to be a support and a tank, it’s confirmed on the beta website in a picture.

This communication is all good though, and I’m hoping to see more posts like this every single week

2 Likes

Open queue should improve Tank/DPS queue times for everyone. Right now, people who would normally be playing there are forced to wait in line for role queue instead, which makes the lines longer. The more tank and DPS players who switch to open queue, for any reason, the better role queue times are.

That read sounds way too optimistic imo, I don’t see why they would phrase it like that if they have to supports ready to go

I interpreted the “new support heroes” bit as just reiterating what was already obvious - they will of course be adding new support heroes, both for OW2 launch and in the future. Nothing has particularly changed in that respect.

2 Likes

refining the audio mix

bug fixes

Genuinely thrilled to see these words. :+1:

1 Like

Considering how some people are expecting 6 new heroes at the very least (including sojourn) and some even more, I don’t think they are ready to face the lash back from the community if they don’t have that amount of new heroes coming into launch. I also don’t see them being so naive to not make sure to have a good amount of support and tanks in there.

5 Likes

This increased my doubt that we will get 6 heroes, unless the release is way further away than i was expecting.

id say it all depends on how far along those characters are
if all they need is animation work they may be just about ready

One of biggest takeaways for me is that adding new support heroes is part of their longer term plan.

Did development of new heroes completely stop for 3 years?

6 Likes

Good feedback with quality information. Keep it up.

Support Regen is The Lever we Pull

The issue isn’t mitigatable by having personal regeneration. It’s mitigatable by restoring CC to the game and removing the incredibly high burst added by removing it.

More over, you’d have less issue with having less interest in support if you’d made any positive changes for them, or had added Echo as a support hero instead of changing her into a DPS.

My bet is your solution to this is nerfing Lucio and Moira while increasing the speed of regen.

5 Likes

Drop down in a good or a bad way?

Support queues have been near instant for me in OW2 because there aren’t any shiny new toys for supports to really try (which the devs mentioned) & Tanks got a lot of shiny new toys to try & enjoy which is why their queues are long

Though it’s worth noting support doesn’t feel anywhere near as bad as some are making it out to be, I’ve been having a good time

If Supports get new stuff in this/next beta the queues are going to look a lot different

1 Like

The beta probably getting closed, so the devs can work on the next major content drop instead of maintaining the current Beta.

1 Like

No I meant as in a “Closed Beta” because only people that get accepted can join, rather than an “Open Beta” where everyone can join

1 Like