Overwatch 2 PvP Beta Tracker [PS4 / PS5]

Hi Nicole,

This makes sense.

I did just that. I bought the watchpoint pack 3 times by mistake and they refunded two of them.

I am able to use the digital copy of OW1 origins that came with it (I previously had the disc version, now I can play without the disc).

What do you recommend we do? Should we just wait until Sony fixes the issue? Or contact them asking them for additional support?

1 Like

Second this statement, I also bought multiple times and had the transaction refunded….hopefully resolution is on its way

Hey all,

We’re aware that this PvP Beta Tracker error is affecting Playstation users that purchased the Watchpoint Pack more than once and had additional purchases refunded.

We’ve heard that Sony is aware and working on a resolution for those that are affected, but we do not have any additional information or timeline to share unfortunately.

If you’re running into this error please continue to try downloading the Overwatch 2 Beta every so often. Hopefully this will be resolved soon and if we receive any updates we’ll make sure to share them here.

3 Likes

I can’t speak for Blizzard, but there is no precedent for compensation. If you want to discuss your purchase, work with the employees via the ticket system.

It’s also affecting people that only purchased once, ie me

2 Likes

I bought the watchpoint pack(PS4) , and download the ow2 beta, but it can not start, it show the error code TE-10413… and i bought the pack again, delete the ow1 and download it again, it still not work…

I’m just here to share what I did, and to encourage everyone else to do the same:

File a chargeback against Playstation with your bank.

The product was offered as a way to get immediate access to the beta, and they did not deliver on this promise. Playstation has not made any attempts to remedy the situation, and in fact are refusing to engage with customers via chat or twitter about this issue.
Don’t request a refund, because as soon as they know its about the Overwatch beta, they’ll disconnect the chat. File a chargeback.

Whenever a credit card processor starts to see a spike in chargeback requests against a single merchant, they reach out the company to find out what’s going on, and typically give then 24 - 48 hours to fix it. If it isn’t fixed, they’ll start approving the chargebacks, AND they’ll usually levy a penalty against the merchant.

Wow that’s crazy. They are disconnecting the chat themselves? They are not supposed to do that unless the customer is verbally abusive or not being polite.

I am still having the tracker issue. I contacted PSN chat Tuesday but was told they are rolling out the beta in waves. Now I realize that’s incorrect info.

I planned to contact support again tomorrow to check in if the issue wasn’t resolved by then.

1 Like

let me know any updates you have on the issue

i am able to play only the ps4 version of the beta of ow2 on my ps5, a ps5 version of the beta does not work, it opens the first screen of the app and the logo closes an error on the screen

Kind reminder on my end, today is July 02, 2022, and the same issue of being unable to access the beta via purchasing any watchpoint pack still exists, due to the issues discussed in earlier parts of the thread.

2 Likes

Just an fyi to all, I was messing around last night. Tried deleting save data, restoring licenses in user account settings.

I also created a new account on my ps5. With this, I’m able to purchase the watchpoint pack again. However I’m not going to do that because it’s not my main account and no guarantee it will work.

Just wanted to post this info even though I had no success

2 Likes

*looks around……I’m going to presume Sony just decided against addressing this issue altogether. Have checked sparingly to see if any adjustments had been made since, none to report. I’ve already went through the stages of grief on missing out on this, it is what it is.

3 Likes

I’ve been kicked out of support chat twice for asking for an update on this issue. One person told me to contact Blizzard. I told them that blizzard has stated this is a PlayStation issue and was removed from chat. The other person told me that I’ve been asking a lot of questions this week and I have to be patient and wait for resolution and then removed me from chat.

I’ve filed a complaint against the company (it’ll do nothing, but it makes me feel better)

2 Likes

So, after making multiple, unsuccessful attempts at chat support with PlayStation, I took to Twitter asking for help. A rep replied pretty quickly asking what I needed, and as soon as I mentioned Overwatch 2, they stopped replying. They really have shadow banned the topic.

It is absolutely unacceptable that these two companies took our money and both refuse to make good on their offer / promise.

1 Like

Please see my most recent comment.

Is there absolutely no recourse that we have given that PlayStation is not engaging with its users at all to solve the problem?

I don’t work at Blizzard, but they communicated with Sony and the problem was determined to be on Sony’s end.

It sounds like that info was not fully broadcasted to Sony’s support staff, or they just don’t have a solution at this time. And that’s why people are getting this response:

Sony took payment and is having trouble processing payments/returns. It’s not Blizzard’s fault that Sony’s store is experiencing issues.

I contacted psn support earlier today. They didn’t disconnect me but the rep I had was very apologetic and said Sony is working on a fix. There is no timeframe for it though.

I mentioned the beta being a limited time trial and the rep again was apologetic.

At this point, I’m just hoping the issue is fixed by the time the game comes out on 10/4.

I have a feeling that the other benefits of the watchpoint pack (like season 1 of battlepass, 2000 VC, exclusive skins) won’t apply to the bnet account either unless it’s fixed. If that’s the case, I plan to reach out to both PSN support and then possibly Blizzard support again.

At this point, if I get beta access cool. If I don’t, that’s cool too.

Hopefully everyone involved can learn from any technical errors that happened and hopefully prevent it from happening on a future psn release.

1 Like

Hey guys,

If you put in the Beta License Code in the Playstation Stora as Gift Code you get the Game into your library. From there you can download it.
I hope we talking about the same “beta tracker problem”

K

You need to put the Beta “license code” into the gift code section at the PS Store. Then you get the Game into your Library from where you can download it.