Overwatch 2 news soon?

No, Sooner we will see information about Half Life 3…

19 Likes

remember the whole- late February we’ll definitely get news! phase the forums went through?

12 Likes

I mean, probably, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up too high. We have no date, time or expectation for when the news will drop.

1 Like

OW2 news is coming

SOON TMTM™

18 Likes

By the time we get news James Halliday will have created the Oasis.

2 Likes

If there was going to be any news about Overwatch, I’d assume he would have explicitly mentioned Overwatch.

AndyB’s most recent posts indicated that the developers are “aware”-

-of the community’s frustration with a lack of communication on their end so I can’t imagine Mike saying nothing about OW and leaving upcoming news as a “surprise”.

TL, DR:
If there was anything to announce about OW- I personally believe he would have/would say something about it ahead of time.

1 Like

For almost three weeks a save the date of OWL 2022. For almost three weeks no one has any idea what happened to Sigma, Orisa and Doomfist in the 5v5 context. for almost three weeks no one has any idea if we will see AT LEAST one Sojourn gameplay, having already been completed in the internal tests of the game.

Now, very honestly: are you happy to be a spectator and not a gamer? no because so far this is how we are treated. Luckily you at least know the start date of the OWL, it would be a tragedy to know that there is still a game, first of all.

2 Likes

That tweet was about support for the ongoing game, not OW2. He was referring to the Experimental card and the Reaper challenge.

2 Likes

i read that as if i was falling down a well…

2 Likes

Nothing, they lied to us but well the devs and community managers etc

2 Likes

No, the experimental and the Reaper thing is not “No big news for the game”.

4 Likes

I’m still baffled that they haven’t shown concept art of future heroes? Not gameplay,not voice lines, concept art.

That–at the very least–is the bare minimum.

5 Likes

I have literally zero expectations anymore. My level of faith is literally below the floor. It is approximately six feet under, actually.

8 Likes

No. There is no news coming soon.

Whatever your expectations are for Blizzard giving us news, they are too high. Personally, I won’t be looking seriously for updates until the middle of April. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the next update for OW2 is that the plan for OWL to play on OW2 has been cancelled, with nothing else to report.

5 Likes

Blizzard is the new Valve, except Valve can’t count to 3 while Blizzard can’t count to 2.

1 Like

i’m hoping we get news once the final issue of New Blood releases, but i’m doubtful tbh :frowning:

Maybe they meant February 2023? :eyes:

1 Like

More like February 29

3 Likes

Maybe news will come soon, maybe it won’t, but this WoW announcement is not evidence of anything. They’re two entirely different teams with their own PR cycles. And I’m convinced that the “coming weeks” stuff referred to the experiment card and skin events.

4 Likes

Overwatch 2: World of Chaos