Overwatch 2... LMAO

If you hate everything so much, why are you still here?

5 Likes

it will probably be Overwatch: Battle Royale Edition

OW 2 will probably use the heroes and lore but will have an entirely different play style (it won’t be a team based shooter). If players are invested in the heroes, they will buy OW 2.

I’d bet we will get the campaign and PVE that players have wanted for 3 years.

3 Likes

I find that hard to believe. My money is on a MOBA style game but still fps. That’s what I thought OW was supposed to be when I first heard of it

Lol. You must be new to video games. They have been making sequels for as long as they have been making games. No, overwatch 2 won’t be “the death of good games.” Rofl.

I mean, you realize Diablo is going on four now right? Four. I wonder if you had been around when Diablo was out, and you had made a post “Diablo 2??? That is going to be the death of good games. Why buy a reskinned version of this game blah blah blah” (Diablo 2 was one of the greatest games of all time)

Its different, because i guess a lot of people payed for lootboxes and for alt account so OW community most likely wont take OW 2 very kindly. And there is difference with DIablo, because its not purely multiplayer game and you dont need community playing the game to have good experience with it.

I’m not saying the game won’t be an FPS, but why would OW 2 be competitive game since the OWL is based around OW. They would essentially be creating their own competition, which doesn’t make sense.

I feel like it makes more sense to explore the lore with existing heroes with an immersive campaign and PVE game. You’re not competing with yourself, but you can use all the same IP that people love.

It was a C+ trash loot game. Starcraft was way better

1 Like

yea i OW 2 is MP and supposed to take the place of this one, I will pass lol it makes zero damn sense to ever do that. If they do, then you know it’s just a cash cow.

Which many have been saying OW2 because they know it gets outraged/curious clicks immediately. I wondered how many people would fall for the clickbait of that title.

The article I read mentioned it isn’t directly being called OW2, but it’s just the next sort of extension they’re taking with the game… which seems to be more geared on ideas of PvE. It mentioned a playstyle that was more akin to Left 4 Dead PvE.

Seriously, people are going to outrage over something that’s been asked for and you could see a very clear direction of the game expanding?

No one played through the Archives events thinking, “These games have kind of a L4D feel to them,”?

Either way, I’m still waiting for my Overwatch Puzzle Brawlers for my phone/tablet. Come on Blizz, Capcom already fecesed the bed with their reboot of Puzzle Fighters and abandoned it.

Nah, it’ll obviously be a bullet-hell shmup, developed by Cave! (would love to see the community reaction if “OW2” turned out to be any of those options. And I would buy day one, obviously!)

I mean. People can say what they want of, “Eww blizz has gone to the phone market with OW”

However, if it is a game that could easily be on a phone over and played with random bursts of time to kill and not… sit down and turn on the power switch, time to get invested, I say good on them.

I really don’t think it’s gonna be an entirely new game at all, it’s more or less going to be the PVE kinda chapter by chapter story mode we’ve wanted from a long time. It will most likely be DLC based which will keep getting additions regularly and will run parallel with the main Multiplayer game.
Probably something like this,

Overwatch : The Saga (Early-Mid 2019 for 59.99 USD.)

• Chapter 1 : Pre-Omnic Crysis, The foundation years.
    Comes with the game when it gets released initially. A good PVE Story mode with probably 20-30 levels, boss fights and around 5-6 different kinda maps. Traditional Single Player like Campaign.
    Rewards Bonus Skins, Voice Lines or extra for use to players who own Overwatch : Multiplayer after beating the 1st Chapter.

• 3-6 Months later, Chapter 2 : The Omnic Crysis.
    Same as above with extras for players who own both games to use in multiplayer.

• 3-6 Months later, Chapter 3 : The Null Sector Uprising.
    and on and on and on.

This will probably keep going for the next 2 years until the game’s story reaches the current time line of the Multiplayer where Overwatch was recalled and then…

Then in 2022 or something Blizzard will probably do an entirely new game built on a new engine called, Overwatch : Future Warfare where the game will pick up from the current Multiplayer time line with new characters and all new stuff.

Spider-Man 2018 did a similar thing as well, launched the game with a short story but added more story via DLCs later on. Batman did the same and now I think Blizzard might do something similar as well.
It will sell, that’s for sure and would be the optimal move right now.

1 Like

Overwatch is suck… overwatch 2 is twice the suck… LMAO

2 Likes

As far as DLC goes, forget it. I payed enough for the game initially to then have to turn around and buy some DLC that I hope will maybe possibly could be fixing the many, many balance and gameplay issues if at all possible that the devs decide to finally listen to the players about.

Wow, how’s that for a sentence? Glad I only typed it out and did not have to say it out loud.

1 Like

I’m surprised the depression rate at Blizzard isn’t 100% I mean honestly. They autistic screech for WoW classic so when the Dev team makes it they still complain. They complain about Overwatch not giving them more for their little 20$ and say they will be glad to pay for real content so they rumor Overwatch 2 and you guys still cry. You say thing and forget you said them seconds after it happens nothing will ever truly make you happy. Nothing the Dev team does will ever please anyone.

1 Like

Titanfall 2 was a LOT better than 1. A lot of FPS sequels turned out really good!

I hope they take everything they learned from Overwatch, and make some key changes for Overwatch 2.

I’ve really come to love the idea of a 2nd game, because i love the core gameplay and most of the heroes. Just wish they could start over and do some things different. Well, they can do just that with Overwatch 2.

I’m pretty excited.

The game won’t be called Overwatch 2. That name was used by the source because they were probably told that the devs of the cancelled SC shooter were being moved to ‘the new Overwatch project’ or something.

Just got mixed up in translation.

Been around? I’ve been around since the PONG console game was released. I guess I should expect you would assume I was younger than you, you haven’t been on earth long enough to know what being older really means.

Go to your room and do your homework.

This kind of thought leads to games failing and being recycled, reskinned and offering more of the same without actual improvement.
Also, think about League of Legends, for example. It’s there, constantly being improved and redesigned, instead of simply being dropped out. Games shouldn’t need a second version after only three years post release.