Overwatch 2 Level of Detail

Looking at the new heroes, and the new designs of old heroes it looks like Overwatch 2 is a massive downgrade in terms of quality. All the new models are like cheap plastic knockoffs of the old ones with very low detail, especially in the hair. The new character specifically is the worst, not only is the detail poor but the hair is a distractingly bright white like a cheap Korean MMO. Lucio as well, he just looks like a cheap toy knockoff of his former self

…Everyones a critic…

1 Like

Don’t have to be very critical to make an obvious observation about it

They keep saying new models. Isn’t it just new default skins?

They upgraded the engine and changed facial animations and how they do hair to make the characters more expressive

Keep in mind though, this is still before alpha build

I get that the engine was updated but these new models are worse than the originals in terms of detail, by a good margin. the hair is more stiff looking especially across the board. Its like plastic on their heads

1 Like

You’re objectively wrong. Having seen the evolving the art panel, the difference in detail between OW2 and the original is so huge that it’s well beyond being even remotely debatable.

5 Likes

I mean thats your opinion and youre welcome to it but i like the soft look of the hair and the detailed textures in the clothes. The face movements feel more fluid and nautral and look better to me than the current models

1 Like

I’ve been seeing people say they’re less detailed, but I think what they mean is they’re less “worn”.

More scratches and more dirt might make a model more complex, but adding scuff marks and wear and tear for the sake of detail isn’t always a goal.

It makes sense for the aesthetic of Overwatch 1, which takes place having all of these characters be cast-aside relics of a bygone age, but not for their grand reunion.

1 Like

I think they look much better tbh. To each their own.

1 Like

It’s the difference between making something look realistic and look fake and off putting IMO. It looks like the aesthetic for a kid’s game now

The models look fine. I don’t even mind the apparent loss of detail when I found most characters to be overdesigned crap anyways.

theres a reason its still in development and not released already 4head

Is the only other game you play fortnite? OW already had low detail models, this is just a whole new level of low detail though and supposedly is supposed to be improved

1 Like