Overwatch 2 keeps causing BSOD on PC

There is an update for nVidia as of this morning. Try it out?

Already installed. As I said: All drivers are up-to-date

Oh, for me it just popped up like 2 mins ago.

Yesterday there was an update for me v522.25 released 10/12/22.
Just to be sure I checked for new updates a second ago, nothing new for me

installed the new nvidia driver but still crash :frowning:

1 Like

even with the 10/12 new nvidia drivers keeps crushing, its the only game crushing , playing COD, WoW, Diablo and FF XIV with no problems and 90 fps+ on high settings

its 10 days out and i cant play the game and we all do what blizzard say to play the game so PLSSSSS WEEE NEEED HEEELLLPPP

forum editor is trash. anyways

i sacrifice so much for this game. no apps open, no second monitor. high priority. no oc. no broadcasting. whole pc lockup for 30 seconds and i come back to OW in lobby, sometimes I bsod sometimes it just puts me back to lobby.

Getting PC Crashes as well from playing OW2 only. I get these crashes without a Blue screen and without an error (log). I’m also running NVIDIA Broadcast. My mobo is an MSI Tomahawk. Can’t live without Broadcast atm, mic has a lot of static. :c

Same here. Getting very bad performance across the whole PC while the game is running, and have had several crashes thus far. This seems to be a recent issue for me, however, as since launch I’ve had zero performance problems up until yesterday. A lot of people are suggesting disabling NVIDIA Broadcast, but I don’t even have it installed. Tried changing BIOS settings, changing NVIDIA control panel settings, re-installing drivers, etc., nothing seems to fix the issue. Very strange that it’s so spontaneous.

Specs are a ROG Strix Z-390E mobo, i9 9900k, 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200Mhz, and an MSI RTX 3080. Game runs on an m.2 SSD, drivers are all the most recent available.

Wish someone had a more concrete solution for this, hopefully people can figure it out eventually.

Here to share this is happening to me too!
Ryzen 5950x
ASROCK something MB (i don’t remember which model, but it’s not asus, so just wanted to add that in there)
Corsair Vengence Pro 32g
EVGA Nvidia RTX 3080 ti Hybrid (aio cooler)

I haven’t tried playing without broadcast open though, so i’ll try that next.

The same issue, going to attempt to update Nvidia drivers now. This sucks, and it is sadly being overlooked due to the fact that it is a full-system crash, which is rare.

This same thing happened to me like 3 times already, once during Comp! I got the BSOD many times because of this game and it only happens with only this game. I got timed out for an hour for leaving a Comp match even though the BSOD is the one that caused it. I just got one today too when I was in the queue for Comp, luckily I didn’t get a match yet or it would be a repeat of last time. People can claim it’s not Blizzard’s fault here but we all know that is a lie. This never happened to me in OW1!

I posted this on the technical support forums as well but I will repost this here: “There seems to be something with either Battlenet or an Overwatch process that conflicts with OBS, I have been able to play the game with almost no issue until I open OBS, there have even been instances where I open OBS and BSOD with the “watchdog” error immediately. I have tried different graphics drivers, different versions of OBS, different in game settings and have seen no improvement. This does not happen with other games. My temps are fine. No I don’t have any overclock on my hardware. Event viewer always displays “File System Filter ‘npsvctrig’ (10.0, ‎2025‎-‎01‎-‎05T21:41:12.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.” before I power the system off. Hoping this helps anyone trying to fix this issue.”

I’ve also contacted NVIDIA support but they basically asked to contact Blizzard since it only happens with Overwatch.
Unfortunately I have no way of specifically creating a ticket for the app itself, but I’ve dropped this info on their forums.

I’m having the same random BSOD on Windows 11. When it crashes i’m usually streaming with OBS and I also have nVidia broadcaster installed as well. Same error code as others (TPC Watch Dog or something).

Intel i7 10700F
32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM
nVidia RTX 3080 10gb
nvme SSD

Having the same issue here, this is getting me on my nerves, this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error got me like 12 bsod in a span of a week or more, got one while on a competitive game and got suspended for that, its clearly blizzards fault since it only happens in their game, i’ve been playing other things since 2 hours and just when i open overwatch 2 it does this.

I have a Ryzen 7 3700X, 32,0 GB ram and RTX 3070, not fault from my pc since its only on overwatch and nothing else more, i need to have other things open like Nvidia broadcast since my mic is bad, capturing everything like keyboard, mouse and background sounds.

2 Likes

Myself and many others on the forum have been experiencing similar things, I have been posting threads and commenting on other threads about a game breaking bug with no word from devs that this is getting looked into. I’m on PS5, during competitive play my game crashes, a few times my PS5 has completely shut off. Everytime the game crashes I immediately try to relaunch the game which it then asks me to press x to connect to servers which it then fails to connect and gives me LC-208 error and it will allow me to reconnect to servers (The very second the match is completed). I know this because I mostly play with friends and they have been seeing this happen. So finally when it allows me back in I rejoin their party. I am then suspended and my team has lost because I am unable to rejoin the match. I am now at a 8hour suspension! On my account which is IAm-Sent1nel-

Now I know it’s not on my end as I have never had this issue before, this never happens to me on other games, also I am on fibre optic internet that is hardwired to my console with 1000Mbps download and upload. On top of that I have my ports open to my IP address on my console to further insure that this is not a internet related problem.

Please I have been having to post this for a week and like I said no devs have seen this or commented that it is being worked on. This isn’t fair to me and others going through this that I am penalized and on the verge of a Season suspension because of the game crashing and not allowing me to rejoin. Not only am I suspended for many hours, the fact that it’s turning off like that I’m sure isn’t good for my PS5… also it affects my skill rating, my teammates and then them wanting me to group up and play with them again.

This really should be a priority.

I do not work for Blizzard, I’m a fellow player and volunteer.

Yes I understand that, but as being a volunteer would they more likely to see this issue if you comment on it? I just want some sort of response indicating that they are at least aware of this issue.

1 Like