Overwatch 2 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass

Cleric Lifeweaver? Oh my.

So talking completely theoretically, could a person pay one quid to sign up for Game Pass, link the accounts, get these skins, and then cancel their subscription? That hypothetical person won’t have the ghost of Bobby Kotick haunting them at night or something?

2 Likes

From the wording, I would suspect yes:

Starting on September 17, when you link your accounts, you’ll score six of the slickest hero skins on the battlefield: Cardboard Reinhardt, Turtleship D.Va, Cyberdragon Hanzo, Street Runner Genji, Bee Mercy, and Cleric Lifeweaver. If you link your accounts by November 11, these noteworthy skins will be yours to keep and alongside them, you’ll also receive a one-time bonus of 30 Mythic Prisms

But it sounds like the other perks like BP XP and per-season content might require on ongoing subscription

5 Likes

Xbox players have been second class for so long that I don’t feel bad for getting a win like this. I am pretty sure I do not have any of those skins, which is weird to say as an OW1 player with most of the skins already.

4 Likes

With how awful the performance has been on PS5 for months it’s been that way for a bit

1 Like

It’s a bit ironic, I feel they should give us that bum Reinhardt skin for free to truly showcase the difference in our status and give Xbox players that golden Diablo armor instead.

1 Like

Does this mean the game is coming to Xbox Cloud Gaming?

:heartpulse:

2 Likes

Does it just expand the shop? I read it as in you get some select skins but they change each season, basically as in you get a trial of that skin

1 Like

I would care less.
I don’t support any subscription models.

2 Likes

Not really. You near 50m PSN people have all the same access.

If Sony stopped being weird for a moment, they could of had the same deal and got it on PSN.

Instead they are pushing the market prices up for everything, because they have a near monopoly on the console market.

2 Likes

You may be right? Guess I’m a bit too cynical to expect that! Shop skins don’t normally stay in the shop long, so I interpret it that you just have the last few seasons skins available to buy for longer?

If you are right that’s fairly decent.

1 Like

Throw the CEOs into the UFC octagon!

…or maybe just have them do a Widow 1v1

1 Like

Yes, but you’ll need access to an Xbox. I don’t think this will work on PC.

2 Likes

It says “or PC Game Pass” in the article. So it’s highly likely that you can play on PC like normal as long as you’re subscribed to the PC version of Game Pass and have your accounts linked.

3 Likes

They just confirmed its like a trial where you get them for a limited time without owning them

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. That’s interesting and pretty unexpected.

1 Like

So does this mean that Cleric Weaver isn’t coming back to the shop then? :skull:

1 Like

No, I very much doubt that. I don’t know why Blizz would not put a skin back in the shop just because they gave it as part of a subscription bonus. That would seem pretty pointless to me.

Also, these specific skins may not be permanently part of the bonus for Game Pass. They could change them later if they wanted.

1 Like

Disagree… Xbox have absolutely smashed it overall as a package but that hasn’t been represented in sales. Game Pass is excellent as is their hardware and software, including the enhanced backwards compatibility. Reversal from the previous generation.

Anyway, this is very cool for game pass owners. Enjoy.

2 Likes

It’s literally just a promotion between game pass and overwatch idk what else ur getting from this

2 Likes

Usually when a game is added to Gamepass, it’s a paid game you are getting access to through their subscription service. Was confused how a free to play game would benefit a subscription service. But after reading further, it appears to be a shop cosmetic rental plan. Interesting.

3 Likes