Overwatch 2 has encountered an unexpected error

Well, I downloaded it on Steam for extra trouble shooting and will get the OCCASIONAL crash. Not anywhere NEAR what the Blizzard launcher gives me. I can now go days of playing with a crash here and there where as the blizzard launcher give me 500 crashes a day. I’ve done the whole uninstall / reinstall thing with the launcher and nothing works.

I did put in a ticket with the blizzard error code and got this in response:

"I understand that your Overwatch game continues to crash on launch, even after doing so many steps (which you’ve done literally all the steps we would suggest to see if we could get it to work). Looking at the error reports that get generated to us, I noticed some information that matches an issue that we’ve been investigating. Specifically, the game is crashing on 13th Gen Intel processors, including the model you have installed on your machine. While we in CS aren’t developers, I’ve added your systems information to the ongoing investigation, but don’t have any ETA on when this should be fixed. We have seen SOME people have success with underclocking their CPUs, but that’s not us providing that recommendation, however if you feel comfortable doing that, that’s an option. Normally in situations like these we’d recommend doing a selective startup but you’ve done that, along with a lot of other things, so there isn’t any other suggestions we can make at this time, and we’ll have to wait for the dev team to get a fix executed.

Having said all this, I know this answer may not have been exactly what we were looking forward to hearing. We do hope you continue to have a good rest of the day. Let us know if we can assist with anything else out there. Take care. /bow"

Soooooo, I guess the only thing to do is NOT play Blizzard games that require their launcher because they have NO ETA on a fix. Seriously disappointed in the communication on their side and not making this public so people like myself didnt have to spend weeks on weeks trouble shooting for no reason.

Honestly, I’m convinced that the latest patch really messed with the game either.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.