Overwatch 2 Freezing PC

My friend is having an issue that’s been happening since the first beta of OW2 that he’s never had in any game, including OW1, and it isn’t happening to anyone else I know that his whole computer freezes after the game is open for 5-10 minutes. He also says that the last sound that was played gets repeated over and over again. I’ve looked at all the recent videos on fixes for it and nothing worked. I’ve helped him to try and optimize Windows as much as possible and made sure his drivers and Windows 10 were fully up-to-date. Also, all of his in-game settings are at the lowest, with a 75% render scale. If anybody knows of a solution, preferably without having to wipe Windows completely, it would be very much appreciated if you shared it. Thank you.

2 Likes

Exactly the same thing happens to me, overwatch 2 after 10 min playing the game freezes with the sound looping, I have also tried everything to solve it and nothing, I’m still waiting for a solution or some technical attention from blizzard, not only your friend have this problem

2 Likes

Here is the main thread for the problem: [Main Thread] Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

Edit: it seems the technical support aknowledged the isssues and are looking into it.

Update: a few players tried turning off Hyperthreading and it helps, but it will drop your in-game FPS. I personally haven’t tried it.

1 Like

we are also experiencing this. Unfortunately, there’s no fixes yet - might just have to wait for blizzard to bugfix it as it seems the problem’s at their end.

join us in the main thread

2 Likes

So yeah he does have an i3 CPU. I’ll look into the hyperthreading for him. Thank you very much.

1 Like

I’m exactly experiencing the same issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.