Overwatch 2 Forecast: Festivities, friends, and a definite chance of Winter Wonderland!

Better yet, they could just give us the Ice Brigitte skin instead for this year instead.

Haha not even going to log on this “event”

Remember when you had a system in place that made you money and actually made new cosmetics interesting and hype worthy from the whole community so we were actually looking forward to events?
Those times were fun, I miss being excited to boot up an Overwatch event to see all the new items and grind the modes I want to play for some coins, voicelines and skins. Now we grind for some god awful sprays in modes alot of people won’t enjoy.

Thank you Blizzard, thank you for ruining one of the most exciting things to happen to a game.

1 Like

One skin. Everything else is locked behind a paywall. Activision, your greed knows no bounds.

2 Likes

Anyone else has a problem playing the game because of an update loading screen?

Yep, blizz is ready and waiting for everyone to GIVE their money to them in exchange for…

In exchange for…

Well, you know!

1 Like

I have a question i dont have access to my PlayStation rn do you know if the shiver reaper skin is in shop

I can’t even get excited about this game anymore.
I mean… complete challenges for a Brigitte skin? That’s -it-? And everything else is either recycled D.Va skins dropped via Twitch, which isn’t even playing the game, or else available in the shop?
UGH.
I miss events where we could work towards getting half a dozen skins or more through -playing-, either by getting lootboxes/spending coins, or by completing “play x number of games” each week. At least then I had some motivation for logging in to play during the event.
There’s not even a new mode for Winter Slumberland!

I’m truly amazed at how Blizzard absolutely gutted this game.

2 Likes

Thaw is your Interact button, same one you’d use to go through a Sym teleporter.

Not that that makes your whole situation any less BS. Why on earth did they feel the need to override custom control configs?

2 Likes

That is probably the one Mercy skin I’d want more than Pink Mercy.

1 Like

I have been playing this game on and off since early access back in 2016. After 2018 game was starting to feel stale but at the very least there were still some incentives left for me to continue playing. I looked forward to get/earn the new event skins each year. I didn’t mind paying 50 eur an event to get some skins, and I didn’t mind grinding knowing if I play a couple of games I’ll have enough credits to unlock that one particular skin I was dying for.

Now apparently it takes 4 months worth of saving credits to buy a legendary, event skins are recycled skins that most people already have and to those that don’t, have fun watching boring 6 hr streams for it. To top it all off you would think new game new modes? Bruh why are you beating this game to death. I literally have no interest in playing this and I’m prob never spending a cent on the game ever again.

3 Likes

Blizzard’s approach for free PR. And this is what they promised the CCs back in the NDA meeting - more ways to make money. This got them all on board with being enthusiastic about OW2 and basically selling it for Blizz. All backfiring now with the CCs turning against them. They’ll have to offer them some new bribe soon.

1 Like

Its been a day and i cant get this update screen to go away

So the event is out but no double xp… what a shame

so basically we got no new customized maps for christmas event (which is the laziest bs ever from blizzard) and no new skins to play and earn in an event. Worst event so far, you make this game as undesirable to play as possible. RIP overwatch.

And where is the twitch drops on D.Va

1 Like

i paid $20 for it. i feel like i was actually scammed.

1 Like

Says ends in 23 hours but you can’t play the arcade games.

1 Like

Yeah was putting it off, getting the rewards from event but now I cant play. what gives?