"Overwatch 2" - Fact and Rumor List

So when people say PvE are we talkin’ like Destiny or something?

1 Like

Possibly or something more linear with less role-playing elements.

1 Like

We don’t know for sure. According to the original Kotaku article, it was described as being compared to the Left for Dead games.

So possibly cooperative, many enemies with specials or something similar along those lines. I’m assuming it’d be a more interactive and interesting version of the current archive events, but that’s really just speculation on my end.

Im just passing by to say that even if I don’t care about something WyomingMyst posts(like OWL), all of those person’s posts are REALLY useful and high quality, and reading them is a joy. Ill keep an eye open for more news, and this thread will help me for sure. uwo

(Even tough I am almost certain that OW 2 is in reality a gacha game. I mean, its the latest craze in mobile and since the Netease partnership is something… Eh, dont get too exited folks.)

Thanks.

Hmm… one of the best features of Left 4 Dead imo was playing as the infected to stop the survivors. But that’s PvP… so I guess this won’t have that.

I mean, it might. It’s described as a spin off game, though I think if they were to do something like that they probably wouldn’t be overly concerned with balancing it or making major changes to it like Overwatch gets since this is a PVP game.

Maybe the spinoff game might get updates with new lore events? shrugs

1 Like

Overwatch but PVE???
I’m literally screaming now :sob:

Finally, I will expect a lot and I hope the game will succeed. I wish the best for the devs.

Please add lore in this game… Please…

They will most likely re-purpose a lot of assets and work done on the cancelled SC game. Similar to how OW was built off of a cancelled game.

I hope Overwatch 2 is a multiplayer pve looter shooter game with pve progression like Borderlands, but with many people. Hopefully, the game has some casual multiplayer on the side.

It be funny if the Overwatch 2 becomes more popular than the original OW.

If it’s really another mobile game with gatcha mechanics in it, then I will be so disappointed. Another god awful gambling mobile game. Like, there weren’t enough of those already.

Just add story mode???

So you copy pasted a statement that was copy pasted by (insert mysterious Blizz employee here), that is essentially PR speak that says, “We confirm nor deny anything, but this is how the company works. Look forward to more vague things we are working on!”

This is common knowledge of how Blizz works. Did you guys forget, Soon™?

I have yet to see proof confirmed by Blizz, of a starcraft shooter, D4, or OW2 from the masses here. Instead the forums are eating up the garbage these ummm, what do you call those people that get paid to make click-baity fake news and put them on the internet for clicks on their terrible “gaming” site?

People speculating about what the next thing is going to be is fine, but treating these “news” sites like gospel is silly.

You want the real deal? Wait till Blizz says so. Trust me, Blizz will give you AMPLE time to get on that Hype Train. You won’t miss a thing.

1 Like

Honestly, if this new OverWatch game is more story based or PvE, I’ll definitely keep playing both. Especially, if the new game is more like an expansion and works similar to Borderlands DLC. By this I mean, you could level up in both the main game and the DLC stories, use guns you picked up a long the way, class mods, etc.

So, I hope this new OverWatch Game Works in a similar fashion. Where it’s tied to the main game and your level and skins and all that can carry over between games. That would be awesome

Exactly. This is what im trying to say in reply to the quoted commenter, above.

3 Likes

Welp, i dont expect much. Even if there would realy be overwatch game in making, it would take them like 6 years to make it?

Making it as separate game will give them chance to get more money from you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If it is basically using the same engine from this game and its just adding pve…no…it doesnt take to long to make a game when you have something to work off of

Welp, if it would be pve story game, it would need lore what they dont seem to be able to create in good speed, and adding to it how slow they even make new pve mode and still are unable to add anything new to it i say that for them it would take 6 years anyway.

I mean

Remember this, all of the modern warfare games had a 2 year dev cycle, which mandatory

Well I really like challenging PvE and Blizzard (used to) be masters of it. Overwatch 1 was a let down with no campaign after being told it would have a rich diverse story which we only have bread crumbs of after 3 years.

Dont worry overwatch 2 will have once a year PvP you can enjoy for 3 weeks and then 3x when it has an anniversary.

3 Likes