Overwatch 2 Currency Scam* Explained

So to get overwatch 2 currency you need to complete challenges, capping out at 60 coins per week.

Voicelines cost 100 coins or 2 weeks to earn
Highlight Intros cost 500 coins or 2 months
Skins cost 1900 - 8 months

This is for one by the way.

Also it is worth mentioning the challenge
*Earn (x) amount of team kills - This doesn’t always happen and is subject to things such as timing, skill, coordination, and sometimes even luck.

This predatory structure leads to us being scammed out of our time and quite easily out of our money because 16 months for merely two skins is uncalled for.

280 Likes

Right, so how is that a scam exactly?

27 Likes

It’s a major downgrade for OW1 players that could get skins way, way easier and at a reasonable rate.

160 Likes

I think scam has different definition

15 Likes

Yeah, OW1 players spent so much money that devs closed the game ha

6 Likes

They have artificially increased the effort required to obtain something that was previously trivial to aquire all in the name of making the most profit. You are either getting scammed out of your time or money.

118 Likes

There is no reasonable way to earn even two of these rewards. This predatory model encourages you to swipe your card if you want these things. Most of your heroes you use 4 voice lines, a legendary skin, and a highlight intro. If I wanted that for sojourn I would have to sacrifice multiple battle passes for?

43 Likes

Blizzard Grind.

Never played Diablo or WOW? lol

5 Likes

I think the word “scam” perfectly describes the current industry standards of obscuring the true costs of a games mtx systems through intentionally confusing and preying on the psychology of human beings.

87 Likes

It’s not a scam it is just incredibly inconvenient

2 Likes

They dont make you pay.

They offer, you can accept or reject.

9 Likes

Justyfing awful grind with “Its the norm for them” is still bad.

67 Likes

OW1 was much more player friendly, OW2 is straight up hostile. Jeff wanted the game to be good, without him all Blizzard cares about now is profit.

72 Likes

Okay but again, how is that a scam? You don’t NEED cosmetics. I hate this game model too but there’s nothing that can be done, its proven to be the most popular model (by players of course) and it’s not going anywhere.

3 Likes

Right now the challanges only give EXp for battle pass, i didn’t see any coins?

2 Likes

And saying “You can ignore it” is just as bad, thanks to that these kind of awful practices have been normalizad and harmed gaming as a whole.

41 Likes

I mean do you want some new cosmetics for your new hero? Do you want to spend $30 on some mere voice lines and fluff? Or would you rather spend 4 hours after work to get one? Jk it’s months not hours. =\

6 Likes

They didn’t make me pay, but they forced a downgrade on a game that I bought from them and switched in a system that takes an unreasable amount of time to unlock anything. They put in all of the worse monetization standards in the industry into a game I paid for. It’s ridiculous as one of the OG OW1 players.

49 Likes

If friendly players were spending some money Im sure OW1 would be live now, not the rotting corpse it was for the last 4 years.

2 Likes

Weekly challenges tab