Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

As an avid watcher of OWL and Contenders for drops, I should have expected tomfoolery. But, I dared to have hope, as this was operating through Twitch. I had gotten all the Code of Violence, New Blood, and Ashe Challenge drops just fine. Surely, it’d be alright.

I signed up for beta weeks ago via email. Didn’t get selected, bummed. Learned we have an opportunity to get in guaranteed, stoked again. Stream date is inconvenient, but I jump through hoops like a circus animal this afternoon to tune into Emongg as soon as drops became available. Received and claimed my access around 4:07pm CST.

In a few minutes I’ll at 5 hrs with no Beta install available from the drop down list in the launcher. I was connected both ways before watching, and I have cleared my cache as per suggestions earlier in this thread. I’m enjoying watching ppl who received their drop at the same time as I did get in before me, those who got it after I did get in before me, and those who haven’t played Overwatch in years/months get in before me. My friends were all on having having a blast and will soon be done for the day while I’m sidelined. I know it doesn’t serve anyone to be dramatic, but bruh come on, this feels awful.

Just thought I’d add my personal experience in the event that the info can be used to help better address the issue, or to further console anyone currently relating. Will update if I get in while I’m still awake.

4 Likes

this company doesn’t care about us. We are getting nothing. Don’t you know you should be happy to be able to even grovel at their feet?

Why are some people getting prioritized over others? Is it region based?

Our turn*************

ooof why did you have to say this? I’m getting madder now

1 Like

I claimed my drop at 2:13 PM Pacific Time. It’s now 7:03PM. I’m about to join the 5 hour club. No clue why folks who claimed their drop later in the day got in when many of us claimed my drop first.

2 Likes

garbage disgusting filthy trash company that sexual harasses women should literally just make the beta open at this point there is absolutely zero reason to keep it a closed beta after such this cringe bug that they still haven’t fixed after 10 hours

1 Like

ya’ll i dont think ow2 beta exists. i actually think its a hoax. its been 3 years. we need to wake up from the coma.

4 Likes

As an avid watcher of OWL and Contenders for drops, I should have expected tomfoolery. But, I dared to have hope, as this was operating through Twitch. I had gotten all the Code of Violence, New Blood, and Ashe Challenge drops just fine. Surely, it’d be alright.

I signed up for beta weeks ago via email. Didn’t get selected, bummed. Learned we have an opportunity to get in guaranteed, stoked again. Stream date is inconvenient, but I jump through hoops like a circus animal this afternoon to tune into Emongg as soon as drops became available. Received and claimed my access around 4:07pm CST.

In a few minutes I’ll at 5 hrs with no Beta install available from the drop down list in the launcher. I was connected both ways before watching, and I have cleared my cache as per suggestions earlier in this thread. I’m enjoying watching ppl who received their drop at the same time as I did get in before me, those who got it after I did get in before me, and those who haven’t played Overwatch in years/months get in before me. My friends were all on having having a blast and will soon be done for the day while I’m sidelined. I know it doesn’t serve anyone to be dramatic, but bruh come on, this feels awful.

Just thought I’d add my personal experience in the event that the info can be used to help better address the issue, or to further console anyone currently relating. Will update if I get in while I’m still awake.

1 Like

3am. about to join 6 hour :heart: FAMILY :heart:

2 Likes

I’m about to just play some paladins

1 Like

so basically we got scammed to watch 4 hours just for a chance. thats so dumb

3 Likes

The real question is, who will be the last man or woman waiting for their beta. Looks like people are having their issue resolved one by one (and at an incredibly slow rate).

Sucks to be part of the 5 hour gang :confused:

Quite a few people are UNHAPPY since it was during Work and school hours.

4 Likes

Claimed the drop at around 4:40 p.m. PDT. Checked my Battle.net app every 15 minutes or so for about an hour. I noticed that there was a separate connections page on the Battle.net Account website, which is confusing. I connected my Twitch account there, in addition to verifying the presence of Twitch under the Authorized Applications section of the same webpage. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting Blizzard Battle.net through Twitch’s side. (This was before I saw AndyB’s reply, strongly recommending against doing that).

I thought I may have delayed when the Overwatch 2 Tech Beta would appear in my the Bnet app, but it was present in the Game Versions dropdown menu at around 6:40 p.m. PDT, about two hours after claiming the drop on Twitch.

Suggestions
I hope there are clearer instructions in the future (the Overwatch League Viewership Rewards Guide looks like a perfect example of reminding players to link accounts and where they can link them), and even a notice on the Overwatch 2 PvP Beta FAQ page telling interested players to expect delays, wait times, bugs, and server issues would have been greatly appreciated.

still here folks.

This issue is high priority and the team is working on it

20 Likes

5 hour gang :yawning_face: :triumph: ayooooo

1 Like

Ah the cloud gate. Reminds me of the fountain in the Detroit waterfront plaza

at this point IDK why I keep checking to see if beta finally has showed up, when I know deep down, more likely pigs flying over

3 Likes