Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

been 2 hours, all of this has already been done. Still no download. This is very poggers.

Hi Andy,

I’ve been over 2 hours now. My account is linked. My wife got hers in 5 minutes and we claimed at the exact same time. I had previously changed my battletag in the past and I unlinked and relinked prior to completing the 4 hours and claiming the drop.

Is that causing a problem with accounts being granted access? Did I screw myself over?

1 Like

Quadruple checked everything, followed instructions above multiple times, been 2 hours 15 minutes and no beta download option.

1 Like

My BNET account has been linked to my Twitch account for months. I also double checked last night to be sure. Still nothing for nearly 3 hours.

3 Likes

WyomingMyst, is it entirely possible that reconnecting the same Blizzard account to the same Twitch account could resolve this issue?

Okay, this is just upsetting. My wife started watching and claiming about 20 or 30 minutes after I was able to and she’s already got access to it.

Twitch says it is linked to the same account but in Europe, everything is the same except my battle net says it is situated in the Americas. Should I just give up on receiving the game or will it arrive?

1 Like

Man, it’s more like 2 hours on average here. 2h22 if you ask me, we’ve done everything you asked for, it does not work.

3 Likes

he only had 2 forum posts, i wonder how many of these new accounts randomly spouting defense of blizzard are made just because of ow2 and this promo

I’ve been seeing conflicting reports about the name change thing. Will this be an issue or not? I put a ticket in just in case.

1 Like

So you don’t know anything about the process, gotcha! :slight_smile:

I just realized my battle.net account wasn’t linked to my twitch account and I’ve been watching for 4 hours lol. Guess this means no beta key?

I have done everything but still no drop access almost 2 and a half hours in. Linked my twitch and Bnet appropriately prior to anything. No issues getting the drop. I have claimed it. Anything else I can do to try and get it to work? Thanks.

3 Likes

This is dumb, because most people have to work on a Wednesday and will work from the time the event starts, to not getting home in time to start the arduous process of getting a key. It’d be more realistic for those of us who do have to work for a living, if it wasn’t a 4-hour requirement and Blizzard lowered it down to 3 hours. 4 hours for a drop is the longest drop I’ve ever seen on Twitch and it guarantees people who work the first shift that they might not get access.

Not to mention, I signed up for beta access a month ago but was never selected. And I’m pretty sure I signed up way before plenty of people who did receive a key.

It’s a completely random process that I doubt Blizzard truly put any thought into. Let’s create a 9-hour window starting at 12pm to ensure people who work anywhere from 6am to 5pm cannot get a key.

4 Likes

forgive me for not believing you because this promo has done nothing but slap the playerbase around for fun, should’ve just let people get in the beta normally instead of making us viewbot for blizzard and artificially inflate ov2 interest. real scumbag move imo

3 Likes

Mr. Andy, I have everything configured correctly, I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and more than 50 minutes and I can’t get access, I can’t do anything else, nothing acces to the beta.

Everything linked, twitch and battle, everything is correct.

2 Likes

Yeah been waiting for sometime now and still not able to see the drop down for the beta, i guess all there is to do is to keep waiting the beta will still run for a few days but still kind of disappointing, were they just not prepared for the volume of players wanting in?

1 Like

its not the only beta and not the only chance to get in, there is repoerts of being able to watch owl to get in

1 Like

I changed my battletag a while ago and forgot to switch it on Twitch. I claimed it with my old battletag, but almost immediately switched over. I sent support tickets out, do I just have to wait for those?

1 Like

Just check your twitch inventory

If the twitch-bnet link shows up on twitch, but twitch does not show up as linked when you log in under battle net account page, could that cause you to lose the redemption?