Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

Still haven’t got my ow2 beta even after 30 minutes of waiting for it to appear in my launcher.

2 Likes

as always, game companies do not care to prepare for the overloaded hype for the servers

1 Like

np, im glad i randomly happened upon the fix

1 Like

The way they did this beta access was fantastic for marketing (Over 1million Twitch views), but horrible on the other end of it where you’re trying to get in.

It’s been 40 minutes now, still not showing up, this is an absolute disgrace, where’s my beta?

Just so everyone is clear: once we get the drops redemption notification from Twitch, it still takes us a bit of time on the backend to grant access. Especially with how many folks are claiming drops.

Please be patient folks. Access is rolling out, you will not have it immediately after hitting the claim button on Twitch

11 Likes

1st wait 30 min now wait an hour. plz blizzard, my friends are teasing me qwq

1 Like

All about the views for their investors after all, would of been easier to share the beta as in, people get access to it for a week and then next week a new set of users who signed up get a week and so forth but alas that is just too kind

Let’s stay positive and wait for the “fog” of server issues to clear up.

After years of being dead and dusty, nobody really expected the game to get as much interest as it got today.

It was unforeseeable that… chuckles … sorry, I can’t.

Just take it with a smile and stay polite. Eventually stuff will work out, and even for special/buggy cases the support team is probably reinforced to help everyone in need out already.

3 Likes

How much time do we have to wait?

You told us 30 minutes, now we have been waiting for 50 minutes and still nothing, and we don’t know if it is because of your backend or because this thing actually registered the claim.

Are you doing this manually or something like that???

1 Like

This, besides even if you get to download beta, the servers too dying cause too much getting in at same time, be better to wait for next day depending on timezone

And why have other users received it instantly? have priority?

I will continue to wait patiently for the dropdown option to appear. Thank you for the updates, it’s better than waiting in silence. If it takes more than an hour, should we create support tickets?

50 minutes ago i claimed my beta access on Twitch… Multiple friends already have access. I relogged my battle.net acc, restarted my PC and literally nothing works. This is not cool blizzard…

Hey everyone! Please remember to check your BattleNet account on occasion it may take some time before the access is granted after you claim your drop.

Remember to check for updates in the App Launcher

Clear your BattleNet Cache:

Try switching regions on the LIVE version to resolve “No License Found” errors.

1. Switch to a different region
  2. Log into overwatch then log off
  3. Switch back
  4. Check for updates

Now i also wonder was all this fiasco for the beta really necessary? Some streamers also said that this was also there only chance to see big viewership. I had claimed OW2 beta and i will install it in the morning.

1 Like

50 mins later and still nothing.

3 Likes

I just claimed my beta but noticed, that since my name changed, i got another bnet id as well. But it was still linked with twitch and i could claim the beta. Is the new ID connected to my old one? Or is my e-mail connected to twitch as well? Seems like i will not be able to play the beta then right? :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

For me it even showed up suddenly without restarting the launcher. I did that for 10 minutes or so, then gave up. Another 15 minutes later (after claiming drop) the dropdown option “just was there” suddenly. So relax, watch a youtube video or some streams, check back in 10min intervals. Spam-relogging also just causes the servers to lag more probably.

Do I have to own overwatch before I claim the drop? I claimed the drop for my account but its been an hour and still doesn’t show up in the game version? I realized I didn’t own Overwatch, so I went ahead and bought it to see if that works.