Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

A friend of mine started a drops enabled stream at around 5:08pm, will they be able to receive a drop? Asking because the 4 hours is gonna stretch to 9:08pm-ish. :grimacing:

What happened if I claimed the drop but I recently change my battlenet name and I forgot to unlinked my old Battle net name?
I relink my new Battle net name, will I still get the drop?! Please! I watched for 4 hours!

1 Like

“it may take 30 minutes for the account to be updated!”

Mate. After 900 days of waiting for April 26. Then no pass, but on the 27th idling Twitch stream for 4 hours. Now you say wait 30 minutes, but I’m past that and still waiting.

I’ve been having a terrible Overwatch experience for the past 4 years. Please delete source code.

4 Likes

Yes, I was serious. Sorry taking the time to try and help you, won’t happen in the future. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Watching a stupid stream for 4 hours also takes time. Funny how that works.

5 Likes

done everything. but it’s still not working. I am once again extremely disappointed by blizzard.

8 Likes

I claimed the drop, my acccount is connected and I don’t have access to the beta. Thanks for wasting 4 hours of my time. I’ve heard bad things about the game anyway

3 Likes

I have it installed. Now I literally can’t log-in because the servers keep failing lol.

Seeker’s fix worked for me, so it should work for you.

1 Like

Cool, been sitting here for 40 minutes now, still no access.

1 Like

I will be a very sad rat if I watched 4 hours of a stream and still did not get it.

3 Likes

it worked tysm <3 !!

no they will not, the drop time will end at 9pm ;/ so waste of time if they only got twitch open for drop chance

1 Like

Will there be another drop event for beta keys? I missed out on it this time around due to a twitch/battlenet account connection issue. I was looking forward to this beta so much and now I feel so bummed out that I won’t be able to try it. If there isn’t another drop event planned, I hope you guys plan the next beta out a bit better and think some of this stuff through a bit more. Especially some of the technical issues involved.

Still haven’t got my ow2 beta even after 30 minutes of waiting for it to appear in my launcher.

2 Likes

as always, game companies do not care to prepare for the overloaded hype for the servers

1 Like

np, im glad i randomly happened upon the fix

1 Like

The way they did this beta access was fantastic for marketing (Over 1million Twitch views), but horrible on the other end of it where you’re trying to get in.

It’s been 40 minutes now, still not showing up, this is an absolute disgrace, where’s my beta?

Just so everyone is clear: once we get the drops redemption notification from Twitch, it still takes us a bit of time on the backend to grant access. Especially with how many folks are claiming drops.

Please be patient folks. Access is rolling out, you will not have it immediately after hitting the claim button on Twitch

11 Likes