Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

so basically we got scammed to watch 4 hours just for a chance. thats so dumb

3 Likes

The real question is, who will be the last man or woman waiting for their beta. Looks like people are having their issue resolved one by one (and at an incredibly slow rate).

Sucks to be part of the 5 hour gang :confused:

Quite a few people are UNHAPPY since it was during Work and school hours.

4 Likes

Claimed the drop at around 4:40 p.m. PDT. Checked my Battle.net app every 15 minutes or so for about an hour. I noticed that there was a separate connections page on the Battle.net Account website, which is confusing. I connected my Twitch account there, in addition to verifying the presence of Twitch under the Authorized Applications section of the same webpage. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting Blizzard Battle.net through Twitch’s side. (This was before I saw AndyB’s reply, strongly recommending against doing that).

I thought I may have delayed when the Overwatch 2 Tech Beta would appear in my the Bnet app, but it was present in the Game Versions dropdown menu at around 6:40 p.m. PDT, about two hours after claiming the drop on Twitch.

Suggestions
I hope there are clearer instructions in the future (the Overwatch League Viewership Rewards Guide looks like a perfect example of reminding players to link accounts and where they can link them), and even a notice on the Overwatch 2 PvP Beta FAQ page telling interested players to expect delays, wait times, bugs, and server issues would have been greatly appreciated.

still here folks.

This issue is high priority and the team is working on it

20 Likes

5 hour gang :yawning_face: :triumph: ayooooo

1 Like

Ah the cloud gate. Reminds me of the fountain in the Detroit waterfront plaza

at this point IDK why I keep checking to see if beta finally has showed up, when I know deep down, more likely pigs flying over

3 Likes

is there a way to open specific tickets with blizzard helpdesk?

My twitch says account connected still no beta

I appreciate you staying here helping for as long as we are waiting :heart:

2 Likes

at this point just admit it’s a screw up and make it open beta so ppl can go on with their lives.

4 Likes

thanks for your work, I hope everyone can get in eventually

thanks andy. appreciate you sticking with us

Thanks brother, currently at 5 hours :slight_smile:

im glad you guys are at it cause hearing my friends play while im locked out is doing a real number on my mood

Not a question about the drops or anything –

Will the Beta receive balance patches?

Is there any indication on if we should hang around or is it one of those “will be fixed in 12 hour” things? Mainly speaking for the group who redeemed at 5pm nearly on the dot but nothing in the launcher

7 Likes

My partner missed the time by less than 10 minutes.