Overwatch 2 beta not appearing in client

Hey all,

We were aware of some delays yesterday with claiming the Overwatch 2 Beta keys yesterday evening and last night.

From what we were seeing, the option was showing up 15-30 minutes after the key was claimed but in some extreme cases it could take upwards of around 4 hours. They delays should be cleared up now so definitely check again when you can.

If the Overwatch 2 Tech Beta option is still not showing in the drop down above the Play button please follow these steps:

1. Restart your PC
  2. After restarting and loading up the Battle.net app, log out of the Battle.net app by clicking the Battle.net icon in the top left and select Log Out.
  3. If you normally connect to the Americas region, change the region to Asia or Europe then log in again.
  4. Launch Overwatch (Live) and after a couple of minutes close the game.
  5. Log out of the Battle.net app again and switch back to the Americas region. Now check the drop down above the play button to see if Overwatch 2 Tech Beta shows up.

If you still do not see it, make sure your Twitch and Battle.net accounts are properly linked from both the Twitch account settings and Battle.net connections page.

2 Likes

Hey @Jambrix
I just follow step-by-step your instructions and still no beta. Im going on 19 hours now since i have claimed the drop off twitch. My bnet username is uncanny#11770. I have contacted support, opened a ticket and received a reply that stated that there was no beta on my battle net account. I have checked both bnet and twitch, both clearly showing that they are connected to each other. Twitch showing i am connected to uncanny#11770 and battlenet showing i am connected to the twitch account that claimed the drop.

2 Likes

Yoo Jambrix. So I have done all that and accounts are linked to each other on both platforms. It’s unfortunately been around 19 hours since I claimed my drop :frowning:

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I’m still not being given access and support was not willing to help me. Can you check my tickets please? And manually assign me ow2…

18+ hours and counting, still nothing. Accounts are linked, tried restarting/logging in/out/switching regions.

PropertyPapi#1362

1 Like

I’ve completed your instructions step by step and still no beta client/access and it’s going over 18 hours since I claimed on Twitch.

1 Like

but 20 hours later and still nothing ;-; sad face #feelsbadman I checked everything they said

1 Like

I have claimed the twitch drop but have still got nothing after 24hrs. I made sure that the correct account was linked to my twitch.

1 Like

Claimed my beta access 11 hrs ago. Honestly, I did have my battle.net linked on twitch, but I didn’t have my twitch linked to my battle.net connections at the time. I linked it afterwards. Been waiting hoping my beta would show up after waiting overnight. Tried logging out/changing regions, still nothing :frowning:
Tsukki#11269

1 Like

I still can’t gain access in the drop down menu almost a full day after claiming my key, I don’t understand what else I could do bliz please help.

1 Like

It didn’t work. This honestly sucks. Went to bed thinking it would’ve been fixed by now. I just want some actual help ya know?

1 Like

Been almost 22 hours and still can’t access. Any info how long i need to still wait?

1 Like

Its been about 22 hours since I claimed the beta. I follow the steps that Jambrix provided with no luck. Both of my accounts show they are linked to each other and the drop was claimed. Anyone find a solution or have any idea when this issue will be resolved?
Edit an hour after post: If this is how support is going to be for owl2 I will not be spending a dollar to buy the game. I know that blizzard has the power to manually give beta access to people so maybe that is the temporary solution because you are letting a lot of people (and potential $ spenders) down.

4 Likes

username ItsVirus#1992 claimed my drop over 20 hours ago, followed all the directions and still have not recieved access to the beta.

3 Likes

Same for me, followed the steps and it didn’t help.

And I didn’t even get the drop from Twitch, I just enrolled for beta and then recieved an email

1 Like

Same for me - 22 hours all linked
#Jynx2624

1 Like

I also claimed my drop yesterday, but still no access. Accounts are linked, and I’ve already tried all of the troubleshooting steps suggested here.

2 Likes

This^ same issue everyone in this thread is having and im guessing its affecting thousands of users accounts.

1 Like

tried this exactly. all replies in this thread are having the same problem. blizz needs to fix this immediately its been over 24 hours since drops were claimed to linked accounts and still no access to download the ow2 pvp test version.

2 Likes