(Overwatch 2) Anyone feel like all the hype is gone

Nothing much else to say. They’ve announced the game so long ago with no news that it feels like all the hype for this game is dead. Rarely see anyone talking about it anymore. Feels like another Cyberpunk

49 Likes

That’s what happens when you announce something then go quiet about it for a year…

91 Likes

Wish they’d at least show some more of the hero redesigns, I feel like they barely spoil much of the story

17 Likes

still more hyped for it than Cyberpunk, which shows too much hype is also bad when it gets delayed

4 Likes

Nah I’m still excited.

It’s been 3 years since the announcement for Bayonetta 3 and im still waiting for it

15 Likes

since, lets say they announced that it was delayed, everyone wil lshrug, cuz they havent been hyping it up

2 Likes

Maybe, but do they really need hype to be active nowhere near to the release date?

4 Likes

I mean… I was never hyped for it. Can’t exactly lose what you never had.

11 Likes

Oh hell no. I can’t wait for Overwatch 2. I haven’t been this excited for a game or expansion since Overwatch itself came out in 2016. Though Doom Eternal came close.

5 Likes

That’s fair

I mean I’m not expecting them to tell us everything in it but just…acknowledge it exists

1 Like

i mean, the fact that its listed on the site, means they acknowledge it, most cod games arent acknowledge till 5 months away from release

5 Likes

yeah gaming hype ‘culture’ is totally counterproductive

haven’t read or watched a single thing about Cyberpunk since it was announced and i can’t wait to play it

9 Likes

Why would they have spent the last year generating hype for a game a year out from release

Blizzcon has always been their hype-time event, because they usually release games or betas shortly after they show them at Blizzcon. Just wait 2 months you’ll survive

Feb Blizzcon will have the reveal, probs with beta or full release, and then it’s almost guaranteed to be out fully before OWL begins in April

6 Likes

I think they are gonna pull a Valorant, and make it so you need to watch OWL to get drops for OW2 PVP beta.

With a May release date.

8 Likes

I never really expected the game to come out in one year. The only hype that’s died for me is for OW1 since the only new content we’ve had were more skins and a single hero.

5 Likes

Oooooh that’d be smart lowkey

1 Like

I mean, yeah I’m not actively super hyped, but I never was that much anyway. More relieved than anything else.

I don’t doubt I’ll go wild with hype will happen when the actual time comes though and I expect most will. And I do have expectations that hype material will start dropping soon.

2 Likes

I don’t think they have told us everything… I am still betting one of two things: either 1-3-2 makes a comeback, or there will be some other major change in OW 2, like different kits from the PVE allowed into PVP. I strongly suspect its going to be more than people expect.

1 Like

Agree except the examples you listed aren’t likely at all. 1-3-2 is the most likely but Jeff even said community feedback was extremely negative towards that. Plus they are releasing multiple tanks and healers with OW2 launch and just added Priority Pass system to encourage flexing, so I’m pretty sure they are gonna see how those things fix queue times along with the general influx of players when OW2 drops.

Things we already know are most likely coming are updates to Competitive as a whole, map reworks, 2CP reworks to the mode’s ruleset, hero role reworks like Sym to support or Brig/Mei to tank, CC-systems that require the new engine to work, etc.

1 Like

It’s not to say that I don’t want the game, but nobody is talking about it (especially not Blizzard) and I won’t lie my excitement for the game has dropped considerably

3 Likes